Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: modern hunter factory ammo.

CGN Regular
    I have run PMC bronze 147g, A.E. 150g and a bunch of fancy-schmancy factory stuff too, all with similar results. I had feed issues for the first hundred or so rounds, but none since. I have even run soft nose junk with few problems.

I have just over 400 rounds through my Modern Hunter. I had some feeding issues at the beginning, but now that is nice & broken in I haven't had a failure to feed in the last 150 rounds long. Run the BCG REALLY wet, as they say on their website. Federal Gold Medal Match Sierra 168grn give me the best results. I have also run the Federal 165grn Game Kings with good results as well. I had quite a few blown primers with Hornady ammo myself as well, it seems to be loaded a bit hot for a semi.

CGN frequent flyer
    Anyone having any luck with any cheaper readily available ammo? Not surplus, just not 50 bucks a box?

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    For less expensive ammo that functions well, Federal AE308, Hornady American Gunner, Fiocchi all work well, just not the ultimate for accuracy.
    The Federal GMM 168 gr SMK ammo has shown the most consistent and best accuracy.

Much of the match type ammo is intended for use in bolt rifles which are much more tolerant of the current trend of high pressure loads to deliver the most velocity.
    Primers being blown out is strictly an ammo thing, not a rifle thing. ALL of the chambers and barrels are made to SAMMI specs, the only tighter tolerances are in the machining of the upper and lower fitment, which has no bearing in any way on the chamber pressures.

Several of the Hornady and Nosler lines of ammo are well documented for being higher pressure ammo and are known for blowing primers out, even in some bolt rifles.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN frequent flyer
    Ok I'll look in cabela's this weekend for that stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12