Modern Varmint performs flawlessly at Surefire World Multigun Championship

Thread: Modern Varmint performs flawlessly at Surefire World Multigun Championship

Tags: None

BeerBaron said:

Modern Varmint performs flawlessly at Surefire World Multigun Championship

Had the opportunity to run my Modern Varmint HARD over the weekend at the Surefire World Multigun Championship, and it didn't disappoint. This was a challenging match with rifle targets ranging from 5 to ~330m. I ran over 350 rounds through my Varmint in the dusty desert heat without cleaning or maintenance of any kind. I shot it until it was so hot it was uncomfortable to hold the handgaurd without any degradation in function or noticeable poi shift (REGULAR capacity magazines help with this :D). I was using magpul Pmags and the ammunition was handloaded, 55 grains for everything inside 200, 69 grain sierras beyond that. Properly configured I believe this is an excellent choice for a 3 Gun rifle. Ended up 17th in Tactical and 29th overall for the match, which I am very pleased with given the caliber of shooters in attendance. Keep pumping out those guns ATRS!

2. Moe said:
    Congrats on the good showing. Glad the rifle performed.

Moe

BeerBaron said:
    Here's a little taste of some of the long range shooting on Stage 1. 10x 10" MGM flashers at 300+m. 5th flasher was so shot up I couldn't see it until some dust kicked up behind the plate haha.

[youtube]hdI2eKfxMO0[/youtube]
    Last edited by BeerBaron; 10-27-2016 at 10:09 PM.

Sqr said:
    Pffftttt to all of the MV/H naysayers.

Great job!
    CCFR — CSSA

Sqr said:
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
    Here's a little taste of some of the long range shooting on Stage 1. 10x 10" MGM flashers at 300+m. 5th flasher was so shot up I couldn't see it until some dust kicked up behind the plate haha.

https://youtu.be/hdI2eKfxMO0
    What was the MV feedback like from the other competitors?
    CCFR — CSSA

bcbravo2zero said:
    Well done!
    Good to see this Canadian gun doing so well in competition!
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

6MT said:
    Last edited by 6MT; 02-26-2017 at 10:50 PM.

scott_r said:
    Congrats on your placing!! Looks fun.

alberta tactical rifle said:
    Nicely done!!!!!
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

TV-PressPass said:
    I love threads like this. Well done!