Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SOB Holsters, interest?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Wear it offset a bit.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by duuder View Post
    Im not certain, but wouldn't that type of draw promote lazing yourself?
    You can do that with any holster if you don't practice safe practice. Besides, my ass isn't that big.

SolCan SOB holster...
    adjustable retention, malice clips can be adjusted up/down for ride height.
    Pictured SOB holster for the HKUSPCT

It looks cool but I don't think it's practical here in Canada.

i agree, it was by request.

Quote Originally Posted by 1807 View Post
    It looks cool but I don't think it's practical here in Canada.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    It looks well made and the angle/ cant looks about right.
    However, the applications are very specific in Canada. It isn't sanctioned for any of the major shooting games and, likely, will be disallowed in any range.
    The user has to be a very experienced gun owner to use it instinctively without sweeping others on the draw.
    And experienced gun owners likely won't choose this style as it prints easily on bending, it's difficult to draw from especially if you have a wide girth and limited flexibility. It also exposes the gun to be grabbed from behind. As bsand mentioned earlier, there is a risk of damage to your vertebra if you fall and land squarely on it.

But for sh!ts and giggles, why not? If Magnum PI can carry in that position without a holster, who am I to argue?

I would be very interested in a well designed AIWB holster though! For those who can legally CCW, I think a AIWB deploys the quickest and is the most secure for a CCW holster. There is a small risk of blowing your nuts off though!!
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

i hear ya,
    we make all kinds of IWB holsters as well..

Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post
    It looks well made and the angle/ cant looks about right.
    However, the applications are very specific in Canada. It isn't sanctioned for any of the major shooting games and, likely, will be disallowed in any range.
    The user has to be a very experienced gun owner to use it instinctively without sweeping others on the draw.
    And experienced gun owners likely won't choose this style as it prints easily on bending, it's difficult to draw from especially if you have a wide girth and limited flexibility. It also exposes the gun to be grabbed from behind. As bsand mentioned earlier, there is a risk of damage to your vertebra if you fall and land squarely on it.

But for sh!ts and giggles, why not? If Magnum PI can carry in that position without a holster, who am I to argue?

I would be very interested in a well designed AIWB holster though! For those who can legally CCW, I think a AIWB deploys the quickest and is the most secure for a CCW holster. There is a small risk of blowing your nuts off though!!

Very nice Tim!
    Any thought of incorporating a wide leather band to distribute the weight for IWB? Also, for AIWB, do you have a built in feature so the butt end hugs close to the body? Most AIWB holsters end up with the butt tipping outwards so the gun prints through clothing.

Just some thoughts for your legal CCW market.

Do you ship Stateside? Your holsters will give some US brands a good run for the money!
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

yup i belive i can do a leather strap instead on nylon, but will have to confirm.
    yes i have a claw attachment that can attach to the holster to keep in aligned.

i have send bunch of IWB holsters to Astria for their leo , non stateside yet though

Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post
    Very nice Tim!
    Any thought of incorporating a wide leather band to distribute the weight for IWB? Also, for AIWB, do you have a built in feature so the butt end hugs close to the body? Most AIWB holsters end up with the butt tipping outwards so the gun prints through clothing.

Just some thoughts for your legal CCW market.

Do you ship Stateside? Your holsters will give some US brands a good run for the money!

Quote Originally Posted by SolCan View Post
    yup i belive i can do a leather strap instead on nylon, but will have to confirm.
    yes i have a claw attachment that can attach to the holster to keep in aligned.

i have send bunch of IWB holsters to Astria for their leo , non stateside yet though
    Great that you listen to customer input!
    Any pics of the claw attachment as well as the attachment in use? US companies like Dark Star use this feature also. Curious as to how yours compares.
    I have 3 of your OWB concealment ones and they are top notch!
    CCFR CPC

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast