Thread: Great disappointment

Great disappointment

Few weeks back just before moose hunting season my cousin decided to give EPPS a call and check on the status of his rifle they had for a muzzle brake job after a four months of no reply just to get the barrel threaded. They apologize for the delay and promised it was going to be ready by the next day as he was heading up to the cottage. He walked in and to no surprise the gun was not finished, not only, but there was no way for them to find records of his gun in the shop. To his mistake he forgot the invoice at home. Back and forth after a good length of time there was no record of his name or the gun in their system. His only chance to recover the rifle or get compensated was the invoice he had at home. As he left the place disappointed, just minutes after, he received a call from EPPS as they found the rifle and nothing was done to it. When asked, they could not explain why there were no records just minutes before. LMAO, what a mess, we are talking about a gun here not a gun case or a set of reloading dies being misplaced. It was obvious they couldn't find the gun so they didn't find the records either when asked hoping he didn’t have the invoice any longer, or something.
    Days later, back in town, he decided to call and speak directly to the owner. He expressed his disappointment but by the end of the conversation the owner himself promised it will all be looked after and a call back from him will follow within hours to arrange for pick up. After all this I'd say things looked promising. No phone call received so we decided to call and follow up. At the time I was in the car with him. It was hard to stand there listening to the level of ARROGANCE coming from THE owner.
    When asked what the plans were, Mr. EppS (not to mention names) needed to be reminded the conversation that took place had less than two hours before, he asked to be reminded what are we they talking about because that day he has spoken to so many people named as my cousin(Adrian). He could not remember the case.
    After, explaining how busy they were and other excuses Mr. EppS suggested taking the rifle as is if we wanted to. That was a week before we had to leave for moose hunting. We asked for it to be ready for pick up.
    My cousin expressed his disappointment in their service and that he will share this experience with others where THE owner himself replies:
    Quote: Please, do so! We have so much work here and we would appreciate if the word goes out, it will give us a break, it would be good for us. We were speechless. Pure ARROGANCE.
    Too bad, it was convenient, on the way up to the cottage but never again.
    Not anymore.

very unfortunate. I've only bought from them and had smooth experiences but this is not the first time someone has had issues with their 'smithing section

Haven't had any experience with their gunsmith but it does seem, here in Ontario, there aren't a lot of good options.
    The good smiths are super busy and have incredible wait times and the others are best avoided.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Super Moderator
    Now we will wait for the business to respond.