Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mossberg 590A1 Blackwater Speed Feed 12GA on Sale

CGN frequent flyer Jerry Champagne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Live free23 View Post
    Are there any of these still available?
    Doesn't look like it
    I see your Jihad and Raise you a Crusade

Have you ever smelt your enemy's last breath? Have you?

I got one but am considering selling it. A bit heavier than I expected. Pm me if interested. Still unfired. Came in the mail Friday.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenger2010 View Post
    Ordered mine last week. Just picked it up this afternoon from the post office and have been playing around with it and reading the manual. I'll be taking it to the range tomorrow to shoot it. I'll post an update on how things went tomorrow evening barring changes in my schedule.
    UPDATE:

So I took Mossy to the range. Ran some 2 3/4 " target shells and some 3'' buckshot through her. Fed and shot great!!!!!! No hiccups. A great little shotgun.

I have this weird layer of rust in my chamber. There's no pitting whatsoever but there is red discoloration even after I went in there with Rem cleaner and a bore brush multiple times. Does this stuff just clean itself out after a couple shots or does it stay like that. Would appreciate it if someone can chime in.
    I got Guns in my Head and they won't GO

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 7.62x39 Shooter View Post
    I have this weird layer of rust in my chamber. There's no pitting whatsoever but there is red discoloration even after I went in there with Rem cleaner and a bore brush multiple times. Does this stuff just clean itself out after a couple shots or does it stay like that. Would appreciate it if someone can chime in.
    I'm not sure if its rust, but it takes a bit of work to get it out. My thoughts are its not rust. I chucked a shotgun cleaning rod in a cordless drill, screwed a brass or similar cleanng brush on the rod and wrapped it with some steel wool. After an all night soak, I went to town and now the chamber and bore are like mirrors. You can mix some fine polishing compound with drill oil to speed it up if you like. Every new 590 Mossberg I have seen has this and given how much I like the 590 A1 I am willing to do this work on a brand new gun to make it even better. I'm not sure what would happen if you just left the goo in the chamber. It would probably be fine.

CGN Regular
    You try some CLP with cleaning it???? I got mine and it was all nicely oiled. None of the rust you're mentioning that was in your's.

Try soaking it with k-roil. And use toothbrush and wipe it off. This is how I had successfully removed rust on vintage m1911/A1 parts without ruining the finish.
    If you want to survive...then you must be built for the kill...

Thanks for the great info guys. Apparently this is a common problem and the little bit rusty colour left shoots itself clean after about a hundred or so rounds. If that doesn't do it then I'm definitely going to polish the chamber.
    I got Guns in my Head and they won't GO

BANNED
    Thanks received mine in perfect condition , happy ! Now i will install the 14 kit on it

still for sale? says 689.99 on your site.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast