Page 75 of 77 FirstFirst ... 55656768697071727374757677 LastLast

Thread: *** CZ 858 Update ***

Quote Originally Posted by icelink View Post
    Why is there such a problem in this country and we don't have any backing from anyone.....
    Do they even have any say in Congress?
    No offence, but if you can't be bothered to learn about your own country's method of government, you can't possibly expect to understand or change incidents like this. We don't have a congress here in Canada, that is a mechanism of a republic. By contrast, we are a constitutional monarchy and we have King/Queen, Governor General, Prime Minister, Premiers and a House of Commons.

BANNED
    ^^^^^oh yes my mistake watching too much CNN with the trump inauguration and that sort of thing kinda got carried away with a rambling post or anger and disspointmemt with what is going on here with this whole 858 fiasco! Thanks for the correction no congress in canada!

And last I heard while they were still in power the Conservatives were trying to get rid of the House of Commons too. Now if we could just get rid of Trudeau....... One was bad enough!
    The older I get the more I find that common sense is not so common after all. (Mark Twain)
    Member Mission Rod and Gun

Quote Originally Posted by bogie View Post
    And last I heard while they were still in power the Conservatives were trying to get rid of the House of Commons too. Now if we could just get rid of Trudeau....... One was bad enough!
    Amen to that brother!...

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethebike View Post
    your description is the definition of tyranny:

a nation under cruel and oppressive government and/or
    cruel, unreasonable, or arbitrary use of power or control.
    Fans of the Westminster Parliamentary system would argue that we don't have an arbitrary system, because in theory we have rule of law and checks and balances in the form of the Governor General's veto.

In reality, we have a system that historically has almost always produced strong majority governments in a system where the government dissolves if there is a failed vote on anything in parliament, where the PM's office has all the power and where the Governor General is basically a puppet of the PM who doesn't dare do anything else but rubber stamp the PM's wishes. On top of that, we have a highly politicized RCMP leadership who are playing very fast and very loose with the law and regs to pursue their agenda against law abiding gun owners, making up nonsense about "dual caliber magazines" which is found nowhere in any Canadian law or regulation, and putting forth nonsensical interpretations of regulations which somehow conclude that a magazine "designed and manufactured" in the 1970's was somehow "designed and manufactured" for a firearm that didn't exist until 2008.

I do think it's very important, however, to differentiate the Ivory Tower Dwellers in HQ in Ottawa from the honest, hard working police officers patrolling the streets of Canadian cities. There is a massive gulf between the two, and in my experience, the frontline officers realize these measures are stupid and pointless, but their leadership in Ottawa doesn't care what they think.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bigrn View Post
    Interesting enough, I just had this sent to me by the Conservative leadership candidate, Erin O'Toole,
    I think he is referring to your situation!

The Firearms System is Broken
    EO
    Erin O'Toole <info@otoole2017.ca>

Law-abiding Canadian firearms owners are being treated like second class citizens.

And now, some of them are at risk of becoming criminals overnight and having their private property seized.

The Liberals have always hated gun-owners, but this latest example of gun reclassification is truly ridiculous.

This month, a completely legal rifle was reclassified because an ancient Greek phrase, molon labe, and a Canadian maple leaf were etched into it.

You read that right.

A special edition of a completely legal rifle has been prohibited because of its artwork.

Canada’s firearms classification system is officially broken, but here’s my commitment to fix it:

As leader of the Conservative Party of Canada, I will stand with law-abiding firearms owners.

I will fight the Liberals to protect hunters, farmers and sport shooters every step of the way.
    That is a bold statement and a great attitude. Let's hope they back it up with action and results.

The RCMP have done it again. The outrageous bias, coupled with bungling incompetence, never fails to astound me. I suppose if I put a new stock on my Mossberg, or stick a Punisher skull on the upper of my AR-15, I had better advise the RCMP that I have possibly created a new model of firearm. I wouldn't want to get caught unwittingly in possession of a prohibited firearm.

I'm watching this dog's breakfast with interest. Good luck to you in this fight Wolverine. Good luck to all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    I think it is long past time to quit this petty bickering and put the cause first. In a few weeks I will post my appeal, which was couriered to RCMP SFSS on Monday, then you will know the true facts the same as I do.
    It has been 3 weeks since Mr Wolverines post, hoping common sense will prevail.
    Please update us when you have news.

Please count me in for one of Those 858's once they are available. Can i Put down a deposit ?

No news yet and no we will not even take deposits or enter back orders until things are resolved.

Thanks for you patience.

Ok thanks, just dont want to miss out as i just sold my last cz858... Any chance i could get a
    Heads up directly if there is any development?Hopefully it will get resolved in a positive manner soon!