Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 566668697071727374757677 LastLast

Thread: *** CZ 858 Update ***

"The other issue we have is a politicized, partisan leadership in the RCMP that is rabidly anti-gun despite all evidence and reason"

^^This^^in addition to the fact that they now have a rabidly anti-gun federal govn't to back up their ridiculous, irrational chipping away at our civil liberties are huge problems for the sport-shooting community.
    The next 4 yrs, at least, are going to be challenging for our us. I am a member of the NFA, CSSA and CCFR. If you are not going to get active yourself then at least put less than $150 into joining these organizations who will speak up for us.
    The other thing is to encourage others to go and get their PAL, and become part of our sporting community. We are 6% of the population and growing. Strength in numbers...
    Last edited by bcbravo2zero; 02-07-2017 at 03:57 PM. Reason: grammar
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Nra

The NRA has a legal footing in the US to make a constitutional argument against any new firearms legislation.

No such canon (pun intended) of law exists here. All Canadian groups can do is petition and lobby.

Quote Originally Posted by MustangFrank View Post
    Thats the problem with the Canadian orgs. They only seem interested in forming an org.,having meetings and collecting our money. Oh yes, lots of letter writing and indignation. I guess it's a good way to create a few jobs. I remember when the NRA tried to start a branch in Canada but that didn't go over well. Im not sure if was really a branch or just someone trying to start a branch. Regardless, our politicians barely give our gun orgs the time of day. They will give more credibility to Wendy's group or any other special interest group that will get them good Press. Our gun orgs are like the boy scouts going over to Afghanistan. I apologize for the misdirection, but it is relevant to the CZ problem and others. The U.S. NRA would have gone ballistic on their ass ( The Government ) for doing this.

Though may not be the best thread to express this, totally agree with your points! I always encourage friends to get PALs and join those representative bodies.
    -----------------------------
    Practice makes perfect...

Quote Originally Posted by lintocs View Post
    The NRA has a legal footing in the US to make a constitutional argument against any new firearms legislation.

No such canon (pun intended) of law exists here. All Canadian groups can do is petition and lobby.
    Petitions and lobbying can get results, and certainly serves to remind the govnt that we are organized and vocal.
    I bet the Liberals remember what a massive PR (and vote losing) nightmare the LGR turned out to be for them...in part, b/c our community was so vocal about it.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

CGN Regular
    So... we just past 30 days since Mr. Wolverine submitted the appeal to the SFSS... any word on their response?

Vote Maxime Bernier, stuff like this hopefully won't happen! Plus the rest of his platform is quite solid

Is it 30 days or 30 business days?

Most likely 30 business days
    Left wing, right wing, they belong to the same bird.

CGN frequent flyer greywolf67nt's Avatar
    I am hoping for good results to this.
    There is one in my collection already with the Fab Defence furniture on it but really like the look of the Spartan stuff.
    Don't give up SQUAT!
    ZERO Compliance!

CCFR MEMBER

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kingjenky's Avatar
    I'm sure if you guys had any real news you would share it asap but I'm just checking in. How are things looking ??
    We are all so politically correct!!!! its gonna ruin us all......