Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dlask 1911 pro 9mm ejector not pinned.

I'm reasonably certain that the guy I bought it from didn't know about the hole being mis-drilled. He didn't even realize that the ejector was missing. I'm sure it must've fallen out last time he had the slide off for cleaning. He's looking for it now. I guess I have to call Dlask on Monday and hope that he'll warranty it even though I'm not the original owner. The guy I bought it from bought it new in 2014.
    Gun control logic: Teenagers speed around town at 80 in a 50 zone. Let's lower the speed limit to 40, that oughta slow 'em down.

CCFR, CSSA, and Conservative Party of Canada Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I have a couple Dlask 1911, I could have a peek at mine for comparison if you want. It was me I would go back on the seller, let him go after Mr. Dlask. The gun looks to me like it needs a new frame and that means new serial number etc. etc. Doubt you will get warrantee for a second hand gun. Dlask sells 80% kits to build your own, or you could get a cheap Norinco and use the rest of your parts and have a decent gun if all else fails.

I bought a new Dlask Pro Plus a couple years ago. I'm not bragging up the brand at this point. My gun has always had issues. Dlask never even returned my calls or e-mails regarding the gun. I'm taking it out again this week for another go. These tight guns need a lot of rounds to break them in so the wise people will tell you. I'm at 600 rounds and if I use the right bullets and a different magazine that he gave me it will run almost perfect. I'm thinking part of the problem is the gun is SS and it needed a special grease to break it in and I used a different grease. This grease may be a little sticky when cold, I hope so anyway.

Super Moderator
    Pick up the phone and call Dlask.

Super Moderator
    Re-opened for update.

Update: I contacted Dlask, they told me their warranty only applies the original owner but this is a unique situation, so send them the gun. I sent it in 3 weeks ago and Yesterday I got it back with a brand new frame. Thanks Dlask for the great service. I'm not sure why it happened in the first place but all's well that ends well.
    Last edited by Steveo830; 12-01-2016 at 10:27 PM.
    Gun control logic: Teenagers speed around town at 80 in a 50 zone. Let's lower the speed limit to 40, that oughta slow 'em down.

CGN Regular
    good to hear

Quote Originally Posted by keitha View Post
    I would not pin the ejector, it is a pain in the ass to get the pin in and out and if you buy a new ejector you may have to file a relief in in it so the pin can go through the frame on the other end and hold the ejector in place
    Frame has been replaced. Ejector is pinned like it should be. All is good.

Now that's some great customer service.

Nice to see a company that takes pride in their work!

glad to hear everything worked out and Dlask made it right even though you weren't the original purchaser.

CGN frequent flyer
    Great service by Dlask! I have always been happy with my dealings with them. Great bunch of people they are!

Thanks,
    Cal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast