Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Scorpio EM332A Bolt Action Rifle .22lr

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Just can't place it but that stock looks remarkably similar to an earlier Norinco offering...I'm looking forward to seeing some reviews on them...

The local Canadian Tire just got a lot of these Scorpio .22LRs in, I really like the feel of it. I'll go back and buy one after reading most of this thread. The gun guys there didn't know anything about them and they are listed at $199. I got a semi-auto Mossberg PLinkster for around the same price, and this bolt action Scorpio feels much more solid. The sales guys said they hadn't sold one yet - I may be the first one to pick one up here.

CGN Regular
    I was happy with mine at ~$230, at $199 I'd say they are a great buy. I was able to do a slight modification to one of my Scorpio mags and get it to work reliably in one of my NS522's. But, for some reason, that mag doesn't feed in my other NS522. Perhaps a bit more filing of the front of that mag would sort it out, but I haven't bothered with it yet.

On that note, how many mags come with the Scorpio's at your CanTire?

Oh, and if you're wondering about reliability & accuracy: Mine runs flawless and with open sites it's as accurate as any of my other 22's with open sites. The small size and weight make it really handy when bringing it up to my shoulder quickly and banging off rounds. I do intend to scope it at some point and go for groups to compare against my other 22's, but I'm focusing on other shooting fun for now.

Quote Originally Posted by northerndad View Post
    The local Canadian Tire just got a lot of these Scorpio .22LRs in, I really like the feel of it. I'll go back and buy one after reading most of this thread. The gun guys there didn't know anything about them and they are listed at $199. I got a semi-auto Mossberg PLinkster for around the same price, and this bolt action Scorpio feels much more solid. The sales guys said they hadn't sold one yet - I may be the first one to pick one up here.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by grox6 View Post
    I was happy with mine at ~$230, at $199 I'd say they are a great buy.
    On that note, how many mags come with the Scorpio's at your CanTire?
    Update/ Edit: Bought this gun on Friday, finally went and shot it today with my son. Shot alongside the Mossberg 702 Plinkster that I bought for the same price a couple months ago. Quite different .22s but same price, so ok to compare.
    I believe I was the first one to buy the gun. Disclaimer - I'm a new shooter. Hence I lean towards cheaper guns as I'm learning.
    It comes with 1 mag and I asked them to order some more mags. The guys behind the counter know a ton about guns but this one is new to them. I informed them that it may be Norinco or Norinco parts and they immediately got a lot more excited by it. I told them I'll be reporting back.
    Compared to the Mossberg this Scorpio is longer and much heavier - in the right places. The fit and finish is underwhelming, but it was well oiled and everything worked out of the box. I used a laser bore sight and the factory iron sights were already dialed in (the Mossberg wasn't). I was surprised when I was able to hit a life-sized grouse target at 10, 20, 30 yards first shot with the open sights. I was shooting with older Fed lead 40 grain ammo. To compare, it took a while to get the mossberg on paper, and then many more rounds to get the sights properly dialed in. Not needed at all for this gun!
    After shooting it a few times I was very, very impressed with the accuracy and reliability. I want to go buy another one! It also begs for a .22 scope for those 30+ yard targets.
    Pros:
    - Heavy in the right places
    - Bolt action!
    - Shoots straight
    - Trigger seems about right for the price
    - Looks nice
    - Already has mounts for straps on stock
    Cons:
    - Some rough fit and finish/ machining in the bolt and action
    - Dovetail mount is rounded rather than flat
    - You'll probably want to buy another one for 'spare parts' or 'the kids'
    I have some pictures I may post later. We only had 1 hr to shoot today, will go again tomorrow with a bit more time.
    Last edited by northerndad; 01-29-2017 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Shot the gun now.

Hi everyone here's some pix of our scorpio .22. Just mounted a scope and am going to go try it out. After our last shoot the scorpio has become the kids new favourite .22. They love the pistol grip - I'm guessing easier trigger pulls, and they both prefer the feel of it. Will see how they do with the scope once I have it sighted in.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...1hwMnhHZ0pvZkU

CGN Regular
    What make/model of scope did you mount? (I couldn't identify it in the pics)

Quote Originally Posted by northerndad View Post
    Hi everyone here's some pix of our scorpio .22. Just mounted a scope and am going to go try it out. After our last shoot the scorpio has become the kids new favourite .22. They love the pistol grip - I'm guessing easier trigger pulls, and they both prefer the feel of it. Will see how they do with the scope once I have it sighted in.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...1hwMnhHZ0pvZkU

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    How does this compare to a cz455?

Quote Originally Posted by grox6 View Post
    What make/model of scope did you mount? (I couldn't identify it in the pics)
    Looks like a Simmons

Yes it is a Simmons 22 mag - cheap Chinese scope with utter crap rings. Locktited them down and scoped it in today, shot great.

Business Member
    EM332A magazines in stock!

link