BANNED
    not threaded..not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by caribico View Post
    not threaded..not interested.
    What do you plan on threading on a 22

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ki3t_ly View Post
    What do you plan on threading on a 22
    If you must ask you don't need to know. If you know you need not ask.

Hi Everyone,

Just added some pix of the paper from sighting the gun in last night. We were very happy with the iron sights - and we could hit targets at 10,20, and 30 no problem with iron - but want to try improving accuracy with a scope.

It was a very fast process, and I used some inexpensive Remington .22 golden bullet rounds. I had some Fed rounds that shot straighter. The remington shoots a fair bit lower, but I bought a bunch on sale and it's mostly for plinking so that's what I used.

Once sighted in the gun shot accurately at 30 yards, and the kids shot targets at 10, 20, 30 yards. You can see from the pics that at 20 yards the group is nice and tight, and then at 30 it spreads a but but is still within the target - as I told the boys, that grouse be dead. So, we're still happy with the scorpio 22.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...1hwMnhHZ0pvZkU

CGN Regular
    I have a few buckets of the Golden Bullets(Like you, I couldn't pass up the price) that I also use for plinking. But, if I was heading out looking for grouse I wouldn't risk the opportunity on the Golden Bullet ammo as your Scorpio can do a lot better with just slightly more expensive ammo: Based on testing I've done I'd expect your Scorpio to get much tighter groups with CCI Standard Velocity ammo and other relatively inexpensive CCI .22 ammo.

I currently have a Scorpio like yours along with an Anschutz MPR & 1416D Hunter, two NS522's, an older & a newer Savage Mk2, Mossberg Plinkster, standard 10/22 & a takedown 10/22, Lil Badger, and a TacSol X-Ring: The Remington Golden Bullet ammo gets >6" sized groups at 50meters(regular flyers, sometimes way worse than 6") out of all of those .22's while in my higher end .22's the CCI SV tops out at a best of ~1/2inch at 50m and consistently around 1" @50m(Scopes, bench rest & sandbags). A few weeks ago with my TacSol I was getting dime sized groups at 25m using CCI SV while the GB's couldn't do better than 4" @25m.

To be transparent, I haven't mounted a scope on my Scorpio yet. But, on my initial outing with my Scorpio I did compare CCI SV, CCI subsonic HP, Federal Bulk, Fiocchi Standard and Remington GB's(I didn't use any Ely or RWS given the open sites). While I don't recall the specific group sizes, I do recall that there was a dramatic difference between the CCI and GB's(open sites off of bench and sandbag).

Anyway, I suspect that your scoped Scorpio could take grouse at 50m using CCI SV that you might miss at 25m using GB's.

Quote Originally Posted by northerndad View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Just added some pix of the paper from sighting the gun in last night. We were very happy with the iron sights - and we could hit targets at 10,20, and 30 no problem with iron - but want to try improving accuracy with a scope.

It was a very fast process, and I used some inexpensive Remington .22 golden bullet rounds. I had some Fed rounds that shot straighter. The remington shoots a fair bit lower, but I bought a bunch on sale and it's mostly for plinking so that's what I used.

Once sighted in the gun shot accurately at 30 yards, and the kids shot targets at 10, 20, 30 yards. You can see from the pics that at 20 yards the group is nice and tight, and then at 30 it spreads a but but is still within the target - as I told the boys, that grouse be dead. So, we're still happy with the scorpio 22.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...1hwMnhHZ0pvZkU

Quote Originally Posted by grox6 View Post
    your Scorpio can do a lot better with just slightly more expensive ammo: Based on testing I've done I'd expect your Scorpio to get much tighter groups with CCI Standard Velocity ammo and other relatively inexpensive CCI .22 ammo.
    Awesome thanks for the tip and the info. Good stuff. I interchanged firing the federal ammo with the GB and the difference was remarkable - the GBs we landing a full 3-4" lower at 20 yards than the federal. Both same 40 grain bullet. On the upside for us we'd rarely shoot a grouse more than 20-30 yards - lots of trails and brush and they tend to be at almost reach-out-and-grab-em range.

Having said that good ammo would be nice, so maybe I will re-0 the scope with some good ammo and relegate the GBs to the 702 plinkster.

I shortened the stock on our scorpio by 1.5" the other day (retained the stock buttplate) to shorten the length of pull for the kids. It was quite easy to shorten and now the gun is much better for the kids to shoot. I got a small recoil pad to add the length back on for me.

Double post
    Last edited by gandalfe; 04-14-2017 at 02:36 PM. Reason: idiocy

Quote "How does this compare to a cz455? " At 1/3 the price and at least 2/3 the quality,
    Norinco's always shoot well for their price.Not target quality but grins on your face quality. I'm sure they could humble some far more expensive guns including most 10-22's.

Guys,

I have an older EM322 that is missing the rear sight slide. It appears the EM322a has the exact same sight. Does anyone know where I can get this part?

Help!!!!