Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516171819202122232426 ... LastLast

Thread: Scorpio SKS-15 7.62x39mm Non-Restricted

Quote Originally Posted by kristian55 View Post
    I do not understand,
    this chassis for SKS-45 ?
    Been said a few times so far but no, it is a complete rifle. The sks reciever needs modifications to run ar mags. What you get buying one of these is an sks, modified and in a chassis. Open the box, give it a once over, and go shoot. And yes, I have one ordered. Lol
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
    - Sigmund Freud

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    $850 seems like a good price point.
    CSA rifles are currently selling for $1300.

And then you need to spend a couple hundred on some type of optics rail.
    And then a few hundred more to get a magwell adapter installed.

Close to $2000 by the time it's comparable to this rifle.

CGN Regular
    Why is nobody is bothering to deal with the balance of the rifle? This chassis looks alright for the most part, but like all others before it, having the pistol grip behind the receiver not only looks weird, but also balances poorly. If you want to modernize an SKS the trigger group needs to be reworked to allow the trigger and safety to move forward so that the grip can be as close as possible to the magazine which is the balancing point of the SKS... It's great that you're making an SKS hold 10 rounds but basing the entire chassis around a loophole, without addressing the fundamental problems inherent to turning an SKS into a modern platform seems kind of weird. I would like my SKS's to hold 10 rounds, but only if I could still reload with stripper clips...
    Last edited by cranswick; 12-04-2016 at 01:09 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    This is what we are being offered now under the existing FRT#.
    To redesign the platform would need a new FRT#???
    Anyone know?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    This is what we are being offered now under the existing FRT#.
    To redesign the platform would need a new FRT#???
    Anyone know?
    I have said this before and no one really has a solid answer...the function would not change, only the location of the trigger...I'm pretty sure the trigger and safety could be moved forward in the existing trigger group from what I can tell just by looking at it. Even if it required a new FRT, it would be the best way to modernized the SKS...only after that is done would detachable magazines make sense...

I will certainly pick one of these up in the New Year -

As mentioned, lots of guys have brought up some good points regarding easier disassembly as well as a better location for the magazine release... but at this price point it's hard to beat. I think we should keep that in mind.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cgr View Post
    ... but at this price point it's hard to beat.
    No, it's not.
    An encased SKS requiring tools to disassemble before you can disassemble the actual action and requiring the suggested use of non-corrosive ammo which defeats the purpose of buying an SKS in the first place will get old very quickly.

IMHO, this gun took away the best reasons for owning an SKS in Canada and added $650 to the price tag.
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    I guess using non corrosive is a big thing for some people. I've never shot corrosive in any of my SKS rifles, and I've owned SKS for 25 years.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post
    No, it's not.
    An encased SKS requiring tools to disassemble before you can disassemble the actual action and requiring the suggested use of non-corrosive ammo which defeats the purpose of buying an SKS in the first place will get old very quickly.

IMHO, this gun took away the best reasons for owning an SKS in Canada and added $650 to the price tag.
    The engineering, material, machining and assembly cost is certainly worth $650. If you can produce something for less without considerate modification to the base rifle have at it. I think you're missing the target market of this rifle...

Quote Originally Posted by cgr View Post
    The engineering, material, machining and assembly cost is certainly worth $650. If you can produce something for less without considerate modification to the base rifle have at it. I think you're missing the target market of this rifle...
    Exactly, I used to be a machinist and I can tell you that kind of work is not cheap unless you're doing 1000's of pieces. Like most AR manufacturers are. This is a good price for what you get. I never liked the look of the sks, and this makes it way more palatable for anyone who likes modern rifles. Now, how it performs we will see but I think the complaints are unwarranted. Can't wait to see reviews.