Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Scorpio SKS-15 7.62x39mm Non-Restricted

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    Considering the platform it is on. Make it as cheap for the end user as possible.

Why put a $500 chassis on a $200 rifle?

are these things on pre order or are in the stores now? I would like to see a picture of the black one please.

Quote Originally Posted by Daver_II View Post
    Considering the platform it is on. Make it as cheap for the end user as possible.

Why put a $500 chassis on a $200 rifle?
    I take your point, but it's a semiauto NR carbine, shooting a 30 cal intermediate cartridge, in a nice aluminum chassis with decent ergos that takes 10 round detachable mags & is probably about as reliable as a gun can get. And it'll probably go for $799 at retail. And the ammo is relatively cheap.

The takedown looks like a bit of a pain in the ass, but quite frankly, as long as I'm not shooting corrosive, I've never felt that my $169 Soviet SKS really needed to be cleaned. 1000's of rounds and it's never failed. I can't say that about any other gun I've ever owned.

And as to the $...I don't know about you guys, but my spending habits vis-a-vis guns has never been driven by sound economic principles. It's all extra-curricular spending.

Can you tell that I'm trying to talk myself into buying one...?
    Last edited by bcbravo2zero; 12-24-2016 at 02:25 PM.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    I wonder how much flack Henry Ford got at first when he came up with his idea.

It looks pretty awesome, I'll give it that.
    I got Guns in my Head and they won't GO

CGN Regular

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bcbravo2zero View Post
    I take your point, but it's a semiauto NR carbine, shooting a 30 cal intermediate cartridge, in a nice aluminum chassis with decent ergos that takes 10 round detachable mags & is probably about as reliable as a gun can get. And it'll probably go for $799 at retail. And the ammo is relatively cheap.

The takedown looks like a bit of a pain in the ass, but quite frankly, as long as I'm not shooting corrosive, I've never felt that my $169 Soviet SKS really needed to be cleaned. 1000's of rounds and it's never failed. I can't say that about any other gun I've ever owned.

And as to the $...I don't know about you guys, but my spending habits vis-a-vis guns has never been driven by sound economic principles. It's all extra-curricular spending.

Can you tell that I'm trying to talk myself into buying one...?
    Seems like a lot of gun for $850. The take down seems like a pain and I'm not a huge fan of the colour but it's a great idea. Canada's gun laws force us to find workarounds to enjoy our sport. If ar's weren't restricted we would probably just buy those instead. As it is this looks like a pretty good option at a fraction of the cost of anything similar

Thank you to the manufacturers that come up with new cool stuff for us to enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by AaronGer View Post
    Seems like a lot of gun for $850. The take down seems like a pain and I'm not a huge fan of the colour but it's a great idea. Canada's gun laws force us to find workarounds to enjoy our sport. If ar's weren't restricted we would probably just buy those instead. As it is this looks like a pretty good option at a fraction of the cost of anything similar

Thank you to the manufacturers that come up with new cool stuff for us to enjoy
    Yes, totally agree.
    And I do see this gun as superior to my gun in a tapco stock, other than the ease of takedown.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

I think I will stick with my SKS-D. If its 800 dollars, I would rather spend the extra 200 to get a type-81.

Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    Any updates?
    Nothing yet. My black pre-order was suppose to be in but now I'm told early in the new year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermid View Post
    I think I will stick with my SKS-D. If its 800 dollars, I would rather spend the extra 200 to get a type-81.
    i didn't realize those two rifles (SKS-D & the Type 81) shot ten round magazines.......