Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 41416171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Scorpio SKS-15 7.62x39mm Non-Restricted

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Recce21's Avatar
    That is quite possibly the ugliest firearm I have ever seen. An original SKS is beautiful, that thing? Not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Recce21 View Post
    That is quite possibly the ugliest firearm I have ever seen. An original SKS is beautiful, that thing? Not so much.
    Ugly? I guess you've never seen this:

http://www.mossberg.com/product/464-...n-rifle-41026/
    Noli nothis permittere te terere.

CGN Regular
    I'm kinda interested in getting one of these. I'm interested to find out if the chassis helps with accuracy at all. And, just to clarify, a regular SKS is pinned to 5 rounds, but for some reason with this thing taking the pistol mags, it is magically allowed to hold 10 rounds?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Recce21's Avatar
    Dear God.....I forgot about that monstrosity. What an answer to a question no one asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Flyer View Post
    Ugly? I guess you've never seen this:

http://www.mossberg.com/product/464-...n-rifle-41026/

Quote Originally Posted by zeegler View Post
    I'm kinda interested in getting one of these. I'm interested to find out if the chassis helps with accuracy at all. And, just to clarify, a regular SKS is pinned to 5 rounds, but for some reason with this thing taking the pistol mags, it is magically allowed to hold 10 rounds?
    You can adapt any firearm to use any other magazine but you cannot modify the magazine to fit other firearms.

Stupid ......oh hell ya but that is the way the laws are written.

Quote Originally Posted by Recce21 View Post
    This is an example of what we Canadian citizen has only choice of firearm.
    Thanks to the RCMP and their decisions about FRT classification.

Like an another guy said: everything fun to shoot is prohibited in Canada..... AK's, Thompson, MP40 etc

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Grove View Post
    You can adapt any firearm to use any other magazine but you cannot modify the magazine to fit other firearms.

Stupid ......oh hell ya but that is the way the laws are written.
    But why can't we use the SKS with it's stock 10 round capacity? Makes my head explode.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer norlandgeese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zeegler View Post
    But why can't we use the SKS with it's stock 10 round capacity? Makes my head explode.
    Because it causes serious public safety concerns. If semi-auto firearms which are designed to hold more than 5 rounds are left in their original configurations legally, when an otherwise law abiding firearm owner touches it, it triggers a chemical reaction in the owner's brain that induces serious criminal intents.

And also it is to invoke the subliminal law abiding instincts of people who are already determined to commit serious criminal activities to at least obey this one 5 round mag capacity rule.
    Last edited by norlandgeese; 03-28-2017 at 10:50 AM.
    Mismatch is the new black

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by norlandgeese View Post
    Because it causes serious public safety concerns. If semi-auto firearms which are designed to hold more than 5 rounds are left in their original configurations legally, when an otherwise law abiding firearm owner touches it, it triggers a chemical reaction in the owner's brain that induces serious criminal intents.

And also it is to invoke the subliminal law abiding instincts of people who are already determined to commit serious criminal activities to at least obey this one 5 round mag capacity rule.

I understand now. It's arbitrary nonsense thought up by people who have too much time on their hands.

I think it looks great. Disassembly looks complicated. Price is great: $850 CAD = $630 US.