Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 515171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Scorpio SKS-15 7.62x39mm Non-Restricted

is it true that they dind a new stock that lock mush more better of dis one

BANNED
    $850 for a 4-6 MOA rifle. Each to their own I guess.

Think I'd rather buy a x39 AR upper and a spare bolt for it.

One's restricted, ones restricting.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by madashell View Post
    $850 for a 4-6 MOA rifle. Each to their own I guess.

Think I'd rather buy a x39 AR upper and a spare bolt for it.

One's restricted, ones restricting.
    4-6MOA... I bought a X95 for damn near 3K. That is still my favoured.

Buy what you want and enjoy.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Tvw View Post
    4-6MOA... I bought a X95 for damn near 3K. That is still my favoured.

Buy what you want and enjoy.
    Well, I paid $250 for my pretty much stock 54 Izzy laminate. With the wide price range between our two rifles I guess you really can't buy accuracy !

Have no doubt we enjoy our rifles equally.

Where you can find the most expensive condos...
    I just bought a used one and it arrived today. So I tried to do a full strip and clean everything inside out.

I found that it is near impossible to take out the bolt. I strip it down all the way to inner gun part. I can take out the trigger group just like a normal SKS but the bolt area is locked by a silver pin that is suppose to bolt to the outer body. Unlike a normal SKS you no longer has that lever pin to release the bolt cover. Instead this silver pin seems to be bolted pretty tight. I didn't try to use a punch to knock it out so for now I will just leave it alone down to that stage.

So please let me know if this silver pin thingy can be taken out to access to inside of the bolt and should it be that tight compare to a normal SKS?

There is close to zero info on this gun except about 2 reviews on You tube plus a slideshow for disassemble.

One relief is that the previous owner didn't seem to be using corrosive. The whole thing was super dirty but there is no sign of rust anywhere. The piston and bolt and etc is all covered in stuff as if the previous owner never even cleaned it much. The inner gun part is also very hard to take out. I had to use a punch to knock it out of the outer frame in order to access to the gas block and piston area.
    Last edited by lavino; 09-23-2017 at 05:31 AM.

Nice!
    ¡Hasta la victoria siempre!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    So this dressed up Sks can be found on EE under black rifles right? Lol
    It certainly does not improve accuracy or reliability but hey money cannot buy lookalikeness right?

CGN frequent flyer Sunchild2071's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lavino View Post
    I just bought a used one and it arrived today. So I tried to do a full strip and clean everything inside out.

So please let me know if this silver pin thingy can be taken out to access to inside of the bolt and should it be that tight compare to a normal SKS?

Yes, it is removable. It is a snug fit, without doubt. Right size punch and be gentle and square with the pin.

On re-assembly, I find it easiest to put the screw in one end, and put it partly through the one side of the chassis body. Then drop in the SKS portion, while aligning that pin into the appropriate position, to lock the dust cover back in.

Get barreled action seated in place into the one side. Then put on the other side, and align, and finish pressing the pin the remainder of the way. The screw on the other end will keep you from pushing it through, too far.

Finish bolting it up, and go back to having fun.
    Are you taking over, or are you taking orders?
    Live free, live Cree!

Where you can find the most expensive condos...
    I found that I will need to put my hand on the mag to avoid FTF especially with a full mag. There seems to be some spacing between the magwell and the XCR-L mags so the mag can very very slight tilt back and forth (less than 1 degree). But I found this makes a diff between working and FTF. Is there any quick fix for this? It doesn't seems to be just one mag. This kinda happens on all XCR-L mags I tried. If I hold the magwell and partial the mag with my left hand it seems to cycle fine. Not a huge deal but oh well might as well get used to it and say goodbye to c-clamp