Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: Scorpio SKS-15 7.62x39mm Non-Restricted

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rubberdonuts View Post
    I dunno if it's the mag itself or the magwell design having no curve that this round seems it needs. I doubt this issue will ever be resolved.
    A lot of AR manufacturers are just building proprietary lowers that take AK magazines, problem solved.

CMMG Mutant, MGI Hydra, etc
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

I am very pleased with this gun and hope the use of it equals my first positive impressions. On first picking it up it seemed heavy compared to and AR or similar rifle but when compared to the original SKS it is certainly lighter. I happen to like the tan color and will stock both tan and black. This appears to be a very well thought out rifle. Thanks to both the manufacturer and North Sylva for once again in leading the development and sales of new items and versions for the Canadian market. Phil.
    P&D Enterprises (Retail dealer in Arms, Ammo and Accessories)
    10552 115 St Nw
    Edmonton AB
    T5H 3K6
    Phone (780)420-6419
    Fax (780)420-1945
    Visit our Site http://www.p-d-ent.com

Sold

Super GunNutz
    I wonder is someone will start stocking 5/20 mags for this. The 5/30 mags look very goofy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    A lot of AR manufacturers are just building proprietary lowers that take AK magazines, problem solved.

CMMG Mutant, MGI Hydra, etc
    Upper is also proprietary and the bolt is of an ar10 I think. Too frankengun for my taste. I hope this sks rifle comes with a ak mag option. Or take it to the HK level and make the magwell adaptable. Crazy talk.

Quote Originally Posted by livewire0129 View Post
    How is anyone's index finger going to reach that mag release?
    I believe it's for the support hand

CGN Regular
    Awsome, was hoping someone would do something like this. It looks liek taking it down for cleaning will be a bit more involved than your typical stock. 4 or 5 hex screws on the right side?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glockguy-187 View Post
    I wonder is someone will start stocking 5/20 mags for this. The 5/30 mags look very goofy.
    that is what they came up with to try and fix the feed problems, doesn't really work as they need a similar curve to the AK mags
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    I have played with this, I haven't shot it yet, and it seems really nice. I thought it was going to be heavy but it's much lighter than I thought. The machining is nice and over all it looks to be a nice quality piece.
    Is NEA making the chassis for them? [FLAME SUIT ON].

Looking at the design, I don't see how one is supposed to clean it if corrosive ammo is fed to it regularly. If they want to sell these, show us how easy (or not) it can be field stripped and cleaned.
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    that is what they came up with to try and fix the feed problems, doesn't really work as they need a similar curve to the AK mags

Looks like some of the 20 rounders have a curve to them at the end, just not as long as the 30's