Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: Scorpio SKS-15 7.62x39mm Non-Restricted

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLYBYU44's Avatar
    I think it is kind of cool, but then I like the SKS platform. What annoys me is when companies such as North Sylva make something cool like this for a reasonable price (it is reasonable when you look at the work that went into it) and everyone just b%tches about it. These are the same people complaining in other threads about the lack of under $1000 non-restricted black rifles.
    I like guns....

Quote Originally Posted by P of PDent View Post
    I am very pleased with this gun and hope the use of it equals my first positive impressions. On first picking it up it seemed heavy compared to and AR or similar rifle but when compared to the original SKS it is certainly lighter. I happen to like the tan color and will stock both tan and black. This appears to be a very well thought out rifle. Thanks to both the manufacturer and North Sylva for once again in leading the development and sales of new items and versions for the Canadian market. Phil.
    Since you obviously have one, could you answer the take down question? How easy is it to clean?
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dorian Gray's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FLYBYU44 View Post
    I think it is kind of cool, but then I like the SKS platform.
    I do too. Reliable, robust and runs like a top. I also really dig the 7.62x39 round. That being said, and the price of this new one being what it is, I can't afford to be in on the first wave of testers. I'll let others do that and make up my mind from there after I see a few different honest reviews from customers who have put it through its paces. I'd really like a hunting rifle in x39 and this just may just be it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer norlandgeese's Avatar
    It seems like a cool modern bush gun, what's not to like.
    Looking forward to some reliability and field report, maybe a video or something.
    Hey how about invite one of those well known you tube gun guys to make a review?
    I would like to see it in action darn it!
    Last edited by norlandgeese; 11-23-2016 at 08:59 AM.
    Mismatch is the new black

Quote Originally Posted by mikethebike View Post
    hey an xcr for 850$
    mike be like not bad bro!
    True that, I'm an XCR guy and even I really like this rifle.........but I'm an SKS lover in all forms as well and given $650+ tax gets you an SKS with HiCal adapter..........and this looks FAR NICER.........so for $200 more you get a sweet ass SKS chassis setup ($140+ for a cheap tapco strikeforce to compare)............I could see one of these ending up in my safe.

This isn't a new gun. This is an sks in a new $600 chassis.
    It's a reasonable price if you break it down. Magwell costs $150, and they require heavily modifying the gun. Throw a decent stock into the mix and you're easily reaching the $800 mark.
    Last edited by tinman304; 11-23-2016 at 09:18 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I've contacted a dealer with delivery in a few weeks. But I would like some of the questions answered??
    How hard can that be???

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Would be good to use AK mags and CZ too in case that gun get banned.

Thanks for everyone's feedback. We are currently busy working on several videos showing reliability at the range as well as the disassembly process. Please stay tuned.

Also we would like to mention that each receiver is hand fitted to the chassis, and the rifle will hold zero after disassembly.
    Last edited by North_Sylva; 11-23-2016 at 10:42 AM.

CGN Regular
    Nice! This is the first bubba-ized SKS that I would actually consider buying.