Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5789101112131415161718192021222325 ... LastLast

Thread: Scorpio SKS-15 7.62x39mm Non-Restricted

CGN Ultra frequent flyer VanIsleCam's Avatar
    My ears just perked up on NS's comment.
    Proarm Militant - Variant Factory - Data Shopper - Fringe Minority

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TV-PressPass View Post
    Looking through the thread: did we get a clear idea of what the thread pitch is on the barrel? Curious about potential muzzle devices...
    metric, same as AK
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Very cool!!!

Business Member
    We currently have these available for pre-order.

For Black, View here.

For FDE, View here.

Well, you guys don't know me here because I'm new, but I've been following this thread as a guest. After reading everyones comments, I decided the pros outweighed the cons and "pulled the trigger" on one this afternoon. Got it on pre-order from my local gunshop, Bullseye. The guys in the shop seemed pretty stoked about it after they all handled one at a gun show. They're hoping for a December 14th delivery date. This will be my first black rifle coming exclusively from a long gun moose and duck hunting background.
    I'm really looking forward to having this beast in my collection! I'd be happy to come back and tell you my personal opinion once I've gone through a few boxes of ammo. Non-corrosive of course. (See, I was paying attention.)
    Last edited by Snow-Balls; 12-01-2016 at 07:40 PM.

I love the xcr so I like this. Waiting to see the range review

Quote Originally Posted by gadget View Post
    You utilize your weekend hand to release the magazine / I spent quite a bit of time playing with it and was able to become proficient relatively quickly both from strong & weak side manipulation of the magazine release .... yes that's my ugly mug in the photos ...

gadget
    Nice watch.

I do not understand,
    this chassis for SKS-45 ?

Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    MSRP$849.99.

This is based on a SKS receiver in an aluminum modular chassis. It features flat top picatinny with keymod slots at 3, 6 & 9 o'clock. It accepts XCR-L magazines and features ambidextrous AR15 style magazine release. Barrel has been threaded & cut to 18.5" in length. It also comes with AR15 pistol grip and M4 buttstock. This rifle is lighter than a SKS by half a pound. It's available in both black and FDE as shown.

Please contact your dealer to order. Thanks.

Quick video:
    https://www.facebook.com/northsylva/...90290497856991

CGN frequent flyer
    That disassembly process looks like a bit of a mission. Not to the point that it makes the gun a no go for me. Its just too bad its that involved. i would think it would be possible to have a rear cover that could be removed so, at the very least, you could access the bolt/recoil spring area. That way you could clear malfunctions and at least get at the important stuff every now and again.

Id like to see something like that worked on in a Version 2. But for now, this is a great setup. Price is good, looks good IMO (could maybe use some milling on the sides of the chassis... just to give it some character). You know the action is going to live forever. Im having trouble NOT putting in a pre-order for a black one.

Quote Originally Posted by tinman304 View Post
    Where are you getting that info? I use 7.62x39 xcr mags all the time in my ar(chambered in 7.62x39) and in my sks(magwell adapter installed) and have never had an issue. Flawless feeding every time.
    I as well have had zero issues with the 7.62x39 rob arms mags. The .308 mags I had with my Xcr-m where complete ####.