Scorpio SKS-15 7.62x39mm Non-Restricted

Well, you guys don't know me here because I'm new, but I've been following this thread as a guest. After reading everyones comments, I decided the pros outweighed the cons and "pulled the trigger" on one this afternoon. Got it on pre-order from my local gunshop, Bullseye. The guys in the shop seemed pretty stoked about it after they all handled one at a gun show. They're hoping for a December 14th delivery date. This will be my first black rifle coming exclusively from a long gun moose and duck hunting background.
I'm really looking forward to having this beast in my collection! I'd be happy to come back and tell you my personal opinion once I've gone through a few boxes of ammo. Non-corrosive of course. (See, I was paying attention.)

Last edited:
You utilize your weekend hand to release the magazine / I spent quite a bit of time playing with it and was able to become proficient relatively quickly both from strong & weak side manipulation of the magazine release .... yes that's my ugly mug in the photos ...

gadget

Nice watch.

I do not understand,
this chassis for SKS-45 ?

MSRP$849.99.

This is based on a SKS receiver in an aluminum modular chassis. It features flat top picatinny with keymod slots at 3, 6 & 9 o'clock. It accepts XCR-L magazines and features ambidextrous AR15 style magazine release. Barrel has been threaded & cut to 18.5" in length. It also comes with AR15 pistol grip and M4 buttstock. This rifle is lighter than a SKS by half a pound. It's available in both black and FDE as shown.

Please contact your dealer to order. Thanks.

Quick video:
https://www.facebook.com/northsylva/videos/1890290497856991

afGjDqj.jpg

OTa5tS8.jpg

2lOZgMZ.jpg

4Ylf6GK.jpg

That disassembly process looks like a bit of a mission. Not to the point that it makes the gun a no go for me. Its just too bad its that involved. i would think it would be possible to have a rear cover that could be removed so, at the very least, you could access the bolt/recoil spring area. That way you could clear malfunctions and at least get at the important stuff every now and again.

Id like to see something like that worked on in a Version 2. But for now, this is a great setup. Price is good, looks good IMO (could maybe use some milling on the sides of the chassis... just to give it some character). You know the action is going to live forever. Im having trouble NOT putting in a pre-order for a black one.

Where are you getting that info? I use 7.62x39 xcr mags all the time in my ar(chambered in 7.62x39) and in my sks(magwell adapter installed) and have never had an issue. Flawless feeding every time.

I as well have had zero issues with the 7.62x39 rob arms mags. The .308 mags I had with my Xcr-m where complete ####.

$850 seems like a good price point.
CSA rifles are currently selling for $1300.

And then you need to spend a couple hundred on some type of optics rail.
And then a few hundred more to get a magwell adapter installed.

Close to $2000 by the time it's comparable to this rifle.

Why is nobody is bothering to deal with the balance of the rifle? This chassis looks alright for the most part, but like all others before it, having the pistol grip behind the receiver not only looks weird, but also balances poorly. If you want to modernize an SKS the trigger group needs to be reworked to allow the trigger and safety to move forward so that the grip can be as close as possible to the magazine which is the balancing point of the SKS... It's great that you're making an SKS hold 10 rounds but basing the entire chassis around a loophole, without addressing the fundamental problems inherent to turning an SKS into a modern platform seems kind of weird. I would like my SKS's to hold 10 rounds, but only if I could still reload with stripper clips...

Last edited:
This is what we are being offered now under the existing FRT#.
To redesign the platform would need a new FRT#???
Anyone know?

I have said this before and no one really has a solid answer...the function would not change, only the location of the trigger...I'm pretty sure the trigger and safety could be moved forward in the existing trigger group from what I can tell just by looking at it. Even if it required a new FRT, it would be the best way to modernized the SKS...only after that is done would detachable magazines make sense...

I will certainly pick one of these up in the New Year -

As mentioned, lots of guys have brought up some good points regarding easier disassembly as well as a better location for the magazine release... but at this price point it's hard to beat. I think we should keep that in mind.

... but at this price point it's hard to beat.

No, it's not.
An encased SKS requiring tools to disassemble before you can disassemble the actual action and requiring the suggested use of non-corrosive ammo which defeats the purpose of buying an SKS in the first place will get old very quickly.

IMHO, this gun took away the best reasons for owning an SKS in Canada and added $650 to the price tag.

No, it's not.
An encased SKS requiring tools to disassemble before you can disassemble the actual action and requiring the suggested use of non-corrosive ammo which defeats the purpose of buying an SKS in the first place will get old very quickly.

IMHO, this gun took away the best reasons for owning an SKS in Canada and added $650 to the price tag.

The engineering, material, machining and assembly cost is certainly worth $650. If you can produce something for less without considerate modification to the base rifle have at it. I think you're missing the target market of this rifle...

The engineering, material, machining and assembly cost is certainly worth $650. If you can produce something for less without considerate modification to the base rifle have at it. I think you're missing the target market of this rifle...

Exactly, I used to be a machinist and I can tell you that kind of work is not cheap unless you're doing 1000's of pieces. Like most AR manufacturers are. This is a good price for what you get. I never liked the look of the sks, and this makes it way more palatable for anyone who likes modern rifles. Now, how it performs we will see but I think the complaints are unwarranted. Can't wait to see reviews.

Back
Top Bottom