Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6161819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Scorpio SKS-15 7.62x39mm Non-Restricted

I have 2,SKS-15's. One feeds fine or very little problem. The second one is awful, out of 40 rounds 3 didn't feed on the weekend.
    It's to bad because unlike most I like the set up other than the tear down is a pain in the ass.

At the end of the day it's still an SKS without a cleaning kit,rod and bayonet and can't be loaded with stripper clips. You are giving up some of the best parts of the SKS and paying more and it's harder to clean. I fail to see how this is "better". Go buy 3 SKS,s and you won't lose a dime on resale. Buy this and guaranteed to lose money on the resale.
    [/URL][/IMG]

CGN frequent flyer Sunchild2071's Avatar
    Easy to fix, don't buy to resale. No loss.
    Are you taking over, or are you taking orders?
    Live free, live Cree!

Quote Originally Posted by Redblack View Post
    I'm guessing it has sks accuracy which is ~4-6" at 100yards?
    It should, It's still an SKS with a different Chassis. I see Kodiak is making them same guys that are making WR762 CZ Clone. These guys are definitely making some interesting stuff. Good to see

Talking with them recently, there should be a new offering to the Canadian market in time from them, provided the R&D goes well.

Good Canadian manufacturer to support. And I KNOW that they stand behind their products.

They have my attention.
    Live free, live Cree!

Where you can find the most expensive condos...
    Quote Originally Posted by mac100 View Post
    At the end of the day it's still an SKS without a cleaning kit,rod and bayonet and can't be loaded with stripper clips. You are giving up some of the best parts of the SKS and paying more and it's harder to clean. I fail to see how this is "better". Go buy 3 SKS,s and you won't lose a dime on resale. Buy this and guaranteed to lose money on the resale.
    I totally understand your points but the advantages on this gun has (I am sure someone already mentioned this)

1) free drop mag upgraded bolt
    2) 10 rds ready aka I can use this to shoot competition.
    3) New muzzle brake and not even an A2 boring brake
    4) full top rails ready. This is a huge plus! Iron sights, optics take your pick.
    5) bottom and side keymod
    6) adjustable milspec stock
    7) pistol grip
    8) This is absolutely the cheapest option to get into 7.62x39 tactical/competition ready rifle that I can find. I bought this for $650 used (1 XCR is like what? 4.5X of the price I paid?)and not even have to worry about do all the filing and fitting with the Hical magwell mod.
    9) *very easy simple* mod to this gun to be able to drop mag with trigger finger, without buying expensive mod parts, which makes this even more 3Gun/competition ready.

to be honest after getting used to it, it is really not hard, or long to take it apart. I can now do it under 2~3 minutes. My JR Carbine takes about the same time to take out and clean the bolt after my range trips.

It has its flaw for sure. If I were the designer I will totally change some of the setup like moving the forend cut off point back a bit so you can actually remove the gas tube without having to take out the whole thing. In fact I would even do the AR15 approach and do a 2 part chasis secured with AR15 pins so you can take out the whole inner part quickly.

Not gonna resell this for there is no reason to. I might even buy another SKS since I got the ammo already. Besides some FTF issues I think this gun is awesome.
    If I can fix the FTF this gun is pretty perfect to me.

I wanted to get one but then I started reading about the top rail be cockeyed on multiple units...?
    CCFR Member

Link?
    Live free, live Cree!

CGN frequent flyer
    Very ugly and bulky looking, I have a hard time understanding why some people are attracted to this rifle.

Youza.

CGN Regular
    To make my sks shoot 10 Rounders would cost close to $400 maybe even more. So this is not a bad deal.
    God is good