Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Considering a new chrono? Read these reviews.

Business Member Western Metal Inc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    Is the Sporter a stand alone unit or an accessory to the V3?
    The sporter is stand alone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Very happy with the Sporter. Did a lot of testing on my TRG to find sweet spot.

PROs: Easy to set up, to use and to pack up.
    CONs: Changes the POI but maintains the all important precision and consistent POI. Doesn't matter the change in POI with MS on when the precision and POI is consistent.
    Sporter does not support handguns.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

Thanks again for the feedback. Visit our webstore for availability and price.
    https://www.westernmetal.ca/shooting...y/magnetospeed

Many thanks to the Magneto Speed customers for the great feedback. We still have a few V3's and Sporters on the shelves. This would make a great Christmas present.

Many people ask if these are available.
    As a rule Western Metal does not presell items. If it shows as available on our webstore that means that we have it in stock and ready to sell.
    We appreciate your business. I hope this helps.

I have the Sporter and it works pretty good. Kind of wish now that I had tried to find the coin for the V3. I have had trouble with the strap coming loose and then not getting a reading and errors if the thing is not completely parallel. I see you sell some tapered spacers which should help (I've been using a piece of tape on one end to level it out). As far as changing the point of impact that isn't a concern for me as this is used for load development and comes off when I have a load to use and wanting to sight in. It is a great tool for use in load development. I also see you sell that adapter for the smart phone that may just be my Christmas present to myself.

I am getting quite a few emails about availability. If it shows up on our webstore that means that it is in our warehouse. We do not presell.

I was looking at these a while back. This is a great unit, but not for handgun shooters with ammo that travel below 1000 ft per second (45's, some 40's, and 9mm's). The site says that it can detect air guns, however, it is also dependent on the bullet type. On the site, it claims:

' If you are shooting steel core ammunition, the V3 will accurately measure your MV as long as the projectile is travelling between 300 and 7000fps.
    If you shoot lead copper jacketed or solid copper projectiles, the V3 will give you accurate readings from 1000fps up to 7000fps.

Unfortunately. this is a deal breaker for me as I am primarily a handgun shooter and I chrono all ammo which I load. This IS probably the best chrono for rifle ammunition as this design has a lot of benefits over the traditional chronograph design, but beware if you are a handgun shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by abb1 View Post
    I was looking at these a while back. This is a great unit, but not for handgun shooters with ammo that travel below 1000 ft per second (45's, some 40's, and 9mm's). The site says that it can detect air guns, however, it is also dependent on the bullet type. On the site, it claims:

' If you are shooting steel core ammunition, the V3 will accurately measure your MV as long as the projectile is travelling between 300 and 7000fps.
    If you shoot lead copper jacketed or solid copper projectiles, the V3 will give you accurate readings from 1000fps up to 7000fps.

Unfortunately. this is a deal breaker for me as I am primarily a handgun shooter and I chrono all ammo which I load. This IS probably the best chrono for rifle ammunition as this design has a lot of benefits over the traditional chronograph design, but beware if you are a handgun shooter.
    Thank you for your info. If your handgun has a lower picatinny rail you can use the V3. Also either unit will work on revolvers.

Will the Sporter work with a AI AW338 with tactical muzzle brake? Or the large bake adapter has to be used? Thanks

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast