Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Considering a new chrono? Read these reviews.

I got in on this. The V3 is one slick unit. Much lighter than I would have expected. The carrying case is really nice also. Free shipping was almost overnight through Canpar and I had them deliver to my work. This was the best deal to be found on the V3 anywhere I looked so definitely worth it!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Longshot's Avatar
    The magnetospeed chrony has been instrumental in working up loads for service rifle and other shooting competitions. I likely would not have won 3 DCRA Canadian service rifle championships without the data garnered from these great little devices.
    Now I'm going to have to check out your cell phone attachment!
    "Guns don't kill people.People kill people.Guns defend people from people with....smaller guns."

Got one and love it

Business Member Western Metal Inc's Avatar
    We have a few V3's and Sporters left and will have another order arriving in the New Year.
    Thank you for all the feedback.

We are able to ship anywhere in Canada on orders over $300 of non explosive product. If you want a V3 we will ship it to you even if you live at the north pole.

I have a sporter and it works fine easy to set up and fits most profile barrels. I do have one problem with the read out/set up control , When trying to get your readings and to save or delete I find it is very touchy and really hard to stop at any one setting or function.
    I just wonder if any one else has had this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by wce323078 View Post
    I have a sporter and it works fine easy to set up and fits most profile barrels. I do have one problem with the read out/set up control , When trying to get your readings and to save or delete I find it is very touchy and really hard to stop at any one setting or function.
    I will send this note to Magneto and see what they say.

I bought a V3 from you and, to echo other users, I am very happy with it. While it does indeed change the POI, how much of it one sees depends greatly on the thickness and length of the barrel. On my heavy barrel .260 AI there has been no POI change whatsoever. Given the thickness of the barrel and the massive muzzle break, the magneto sensor hanging at the muzzle has negligible effect. Strangely, we observed the same on a friend's Colt Canada M4 while a bolt action with a skinny hunting barrel had more than 1.5" shift AND the group actually tightened, similarly to often observed effects of a sound suppressor. I guess it changed the harmonics in a positive way. Overall a great and easy to use chronograph.
    "Because we, in contrast to the barbarians, never count the number of enemy in battle" Aeschylus 475 BC

Quote Originally Posted by wce323078 View Post
    I need to give huge points to Magnetospeed. They replied to my earlier email already. I thought I was the only nut working on Sunday night. Lol.
    Magneto's reply:
    "With the Sporter display, to get it down to the price point we did, there were a lot of sacrifices that had to be made in regards to navigating and the abilities of the display. There actually isn't any "saving" function on the Sporter display beyond the current shot string. For those that find the Sporter display a little too difficult to navigate, that is specifically why we developed the low priced XFR adapter. That was a good compromise to harness the technology of a cell phone to enhance the capabilities of the Sporter display without having to substantially increase the cost of the Sporter kit."

I know I am out of XFR adapters - they will be on my next order. Expect early January.

Has anyone used the Sporter on A Springfield M1a, Or Norc 305b? The Flash Hider is a bit longer than what it is stated to work with. Anyone with experience please chime in.

Thanks!!