Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Considering a new chrono? Read these reviews.

I use a sporter and really like it. My old chrony was a pain in the ass to set up and finally got shot in the face for standing in the wrong place at the wrong time. I laughed at its mangled corpse and used it for target practice. Bought the sporter and found the controls/data points to be identical but the numbers more consistent. The bayonet doesn't move so positioning over the sensors cannot induce error. Lighting has no effect on its accuracy either. I record shot strings on my phone (entered manually) then clear each string. I like that I can delete individual shots from a string. That feature is great when you record 2 strings and don't want to figure out ES and SD by hand. Just delete the previous string one by one and it recalculates the ES and SD for you. One of the best features is that no matter how hard you try, you can't shoot it. Overall I think its a good middle ground product. Not as cheap or finnicky as a chrony but not as refined as labradar. You still have compatibility issues with some guns and the bayonet affects POI. On my 700P its only about 8 moa IIRC but my 760 .30-06 was shooting over the target at 100 yds. It was sighted in prior to installing the magnetospeed. I haven't done any testing to see if group sizes remain representative with the magneto on the rifle, or if group sizes are not to be counted as indicative. The sporter does not do shotguns but thats ok for me. The V3 does.
    WTB full semiautomatic assault rifles, double barrel extended magazine clips, 30 magazine clips (half second or better), shoulder things that go up and high power ammo that can go through walls.

Business Member Western Metal Inc's Avatar
    We really appreciate the feedback. The V3 and Sporter are available (on our shelves) and ready to be shipped for Christmas.

I am getting many emails about getting this delivered for Christmas. I can't guarantee Canada Post or Canpar but I do know the longer you wait the less likely you will have in for Christmas. We still have a couple of the V3's and Sporters ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Western Metal Inc View Post
    I need to give huge points to Magnetospeed. They replied to my earlier email already. I thought I was the only nut working on Sunday night. Lol.
    Magneto's reply:
    "With the Sporter display, to get it down to the price point we did, there were a lot of sacrifices that had to be made in regards to navigating and the abilities of the display. There actually isn't any "saving" function on the Sporter display beyond the current shot string. For those that find the Sporter display a little too difficult to navigate, that is specifically why we developed the low priced XFR adapter. That was a good compromise to harness the technology of a cell phone to enhance the capabilities of the Sporter display without having to substantially increase the cost of the Sporter kit."

I know I am out of XFR adapters - they will be on my next order. Expect early January.
    I looked at getting the XFR adapter when I ordered and from what I could see it did not work with my phone a Sony I checked on magneto's web site and they say it now supports android but When I try to download app it shows as none available. Do you have any word on this?

Quote Originally Posted by wce323078 View Post
    I looked at getting the XFR adapter when I ordered and from what I could see it did not work with my phone a Sony I checked on magneto's web site and they say it now supports android but When I try to download app it shows as none available. Do you have any word on this?
    I will ask Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by wce323078 View Post
    This reply came back from Magneto.
    "We are hopefully just a short time away from launching the updated Android app for XFR, it's going to be vastly improved on what was there before. With that said, the team is still working out which phone models its compatible with as this is much harder on the Android side than on the iOS said because of the variety of manufacturers. There may be some downtime for the availability of the app during the transition, but I will check with the team that's working on app development to see if they have any insight for me. "

We have some pieces left but will likely run out before our next order.

Well I finally caved and just ordered a V3.

A new order has been placed and we have added some more accessories/parts for the Magneto chronys.

Merry Christmas! Order your Magnetospeed today. We will get it shipped on Monday.