Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Considering a new chrono? Read these reviews.

Business Member Western Metal Inc's Avatar
    Do you have a product review for us?

I have added some new accessories and parts for the chronos.

I have the sporter and am very impressed with it. After being far from impressed with my Shooting Chrony I picked up the sporter and took it out to the range with my friends the next chance I had. We ran it on a total of 5 rifles that we shoot long range and PRS with. Two .308's and two 6.5's gave consistent results on every shot. Only issue I ran into, and one I forsaw as being a problem was with a heavy barreled .223. The combination of the very heavy barrel and small calibre made for too much gap between the sensor and the bullet path that the sporter version could not compensate for. The resulting 5 shot group only gave 2 readings, however, they were exactly the speed I expected after backtracking my long range dope.

Overall I am very impressed with the Magetospeed and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anybody. I don't expect my Shooting Chrony to be long for this world!
    Wisdom by Big Ugly Man:

Remember - the toes you step on today may belong to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor-Made View Post
    I have the sporter and am very impressed with it. After being far from impressed with my Shooting Chrony I picked up the sporter and took it out to the range with my friends the next chance I had. We ran it on a total of 5 rifles that we shoot long range and PRS with. Two .308's and two 6.5's gave consistent results on every shot. Only issue I ran into, and one I forsaw as being a problem was with a heavy barreled .223. The combination of the very heavy barrel and small calibre made for too much gap between the sensor and the bullet path that the sporter version could not compensate for. The resulting 5 shot group only gave 2 readings, however, they were exactly the speed I expected after backtracking my long range dope.

Overall I am very impressed with the Magetospeed and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anybody. I don't expect my Shooting Chrony to be long for this world!
    Thanks for the feedback. I have asked Magnetospeed if there is anything we can do about the gap on the heavy barreled 223.

Happy New Year. Any more reviews.

More product arrived with more accessory and parts choices.

We are able to ship these Chronos anywhere in Canada for free. $300 min order.

Well, I normally do not "comment" on purchases but in this case I feel I must. I "gifted" one of the sporter Magnetospeed units to my self for Christmas and must say it is one of the best things that I have gifted myself. unit is compact, easily slips into the drag bag pouch for trips to the range. Unit is easy to mount on any firearm, I mounted it on three different rifles over the weekend, all with different muzzle thicknesses and there was no issues. velocity readings were right where they should be for the loads fired through all three firearms. with these units you have no worries with muzzleblast blowing the chrony off the stand/bench or any concerns with light interference.
    Definitely well worth the money!!! now I just have to figure out how to use the "smartphone" app and attachment!!!

G

Just ordered mine. Needed a chrono, hope the sporter will work better than the chorney I've been borrowing.
    Life is hard...... Life is hard.....

Quote Originally Posted by gward View Post
    Well, I normally do not "comment" on purchases but in this case I feel I must. I "gifted" one of the sporter Magnetospeed units to my self for Christmas and must say it is one of the best things that I have gifted myself. unit is compact, easily slips into the drag bag pouch for trips to the range. Unit is easy to mount on any firearm, I mounted it on three different rifles over the weekend, all with different muzzle thicknesses and there was no issues. velocity readings were right where they should be for the loads fired through all three firearms. with these units you have no worries with muzzleblast blowing the chrony off the stand/bench or any concerns with light interference.
    Definitely well worth the money!!! now I just have to figure out how to use the "smartphone" app and attachment!!!

G
    We really appreciate the feedback. If you have any trouble with the smartphone attachment please let me know.