Page 1 of 11 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Considering a new chrono? Read these reviews.

Business Member Western Metal Inc's Avatar

Considering a new chrono? Read these reviews.

We not only carry the Magneto Speed chronos and accessories, we use them to test our manufactured ammunition. This is the easiest chrono I have ever used. Literally - I watched a short you tube video - and installed it on a firearm in less than 3 minutes - the first time! You don't have to be concerned with whether you have enough light - or if the shadows are interfering with the results - etc. There are also accessories that allow for you to hook it up to a phone or to use with a large muzzle brake. This is a must have for the reloaders.
    Name:  Magnetospeedv3_1.jpg
Views: 4451
Size:  41.0 KB
    https://www.westernmetal.ca/shooting...y/magnetospeed

anybody have one of these?...I am seriously considering buying

When possible I recommend that people watch any of the 10 or more youtube videos regarding Magnetospeed. If any of the CGN members have used the V3 or Sporter please chime in.
    My personal experiences have been very positive. I use to dread setting up my old chrono - half the time it didn't work because of lighting, wind, shadows, etc. Every time I have used the Magnetospeed it has been seamless.

Orders over $300 ship free freight to most of Canada. For non explosives we can ship anywhere in Canada.

I've got one. Used it several times and it works great. Much easier than using the old Chrony, especially at the range where you don't always have the convenience of going 10' down range to set up and adjust your chronograph. I have noticed that there is a slight change of impact (for me, usually less than 1" at 100 yards across a few rifles), but group size has remained consistent with or without the Magnetospeed (again, using a few different rifles and calibres). My personal findings appear to be consistent with the volume of data people are sharing on the interwebs. Also, when compared with LabRadar unit both appear to be similar in accuracy and consistency.
    Pros for the magnetospeed: easy set up and take down, small & lightweight, safer (in my opinion) to set up at the range than Chrony, caches data for you in a SD card (easily exportable to excel, etc), cheaper than LabRadar.
    Cons- change of impact (workaround for me is to load a few extra rounds to chrono after you've got your gear dialed in), can't use it to chrono my bow, cost is greater than light-based chrony, people at the range asking if they can use it.
    It has been a worthwhile investment for me because I rarely used my light-based Chrony and now I use my magnetospeed frequently and it has helped me get better data for reloads, ballistic tables, etc.
    If you have the money and you reload, and/or want to be able to get better data for longer range shooting, I doubt this is a piece of gear you would be disappointed with.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Western Metal Inc View Post
    When possible I recommend that people watch any of the 10 or more youtube videos regarding Magnetospeed. If any of the CGN members have used the V3 or Sporter please chime in.
    My personal experiences have been very positive. I use to dread setting up my old chrono - half the time it didn't work because of lighting, wind, shadows, etc. Every time I have used the Magnetospeed it has been seamless.

I recently bought a V3 from you. I retired my Chrony and was going to go with an Oehler 35p or the Magnetospeed. I'm very happy with my choice. I'm a black powder target rifle shooter and am happy to report that it works flawlessly with cast bullets.

Chris.

Thank you for the feedback. If you are reading this and have a Magnetospeed chrono please give it a review.

Is there any left and how long are they on sale?
    Jay

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    Is the Sporter a stand alone unit or an accessory to the V3?

Quote Originally Posted by jay81 View Post
    Is there any left and how long are they on sale?
    Yes there are some left. Please check out the webstore for availability.
    https://www.westernmetal.ca/shooting...y/magnetospeed

Page 1 of 11 123456789 ... LastLast