Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hera Arms CQR Furniture

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    Quote Originally Posted by vince514 View Post
    Hey Wolverine

I dont want to hijack this thread but i would need to ask if you are able to get me some products for my HK USC45 from Hera arms?

i would need a set of rail : http://www.hera-arms.com/usc-rail

and some magazines : http://www.hera-arms.com/mag20

Thank you!
    No problem to either, shoot us an email and we can get them on order. sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke_of_New_York View Post
    Do you have any idea if these will fit the Derya MK12 receivers?
    No clue sorry, we don't reallly do anything with the Derya line up so I couldn't even check for you.
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

I know this is an older thread, however have you had a chance to measure the length of the front grip??

Trying to figure out what length barrel is required.

Thx in advance

regards

AbH

Quote Originally Posted by AbHobbyist View Post

I know this is an older thread, however have you had a chance to measure the length of the front grip??

Thx in advance

regards

AbH
    The length of the grip where it attaches to the rail is 7" give or take a 1/16" or so. I have mine on a 10" handguard with a 14.5 " barrel. Here's a not very good pic. I like the look wit a little bit of barrel sticking out. Others prefer 12" and shorter.

If you google Hera CQR stocks and bring up the images there's every kind of configurations you can imagine
    "The greatest evils of the world will not be carried out by men with guns, but by men in suits sitting behind desks. " - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by AbHobbyist View Post

Thx in advance

regards

AbH
    I just measured mine the length of the rail segment on the CQR is 17.5 cm. I have mine on a 7.2" Rail and it doesn't come to the end of the rail with the way mine is setup.

Thx Gents!!

The info is much appreciated!!

Regards

AbH

How is the quality on these stocks and parts? I've seen a few reviews that indicate the plastic may not be as rigid or tough as expected, or the fit isn't great between shell halves.

All said and done the quality could be better. One thing for sure is that you should use a ball socket hex key to screw the stock to the lower or you can run into problems.

I could have had a terrible time installing it on my NEA lower. For some reason NEA relocated the takedown spring/detent hole from the back to under the grip beside the safety detent hole. It would have been a real PITA trying to compress the spring while trying to tighten the screw to the lower. I fixed that by using KNS push button take down and pivot pins.

Also, there's a little slot in the stock where the safety spring/detent goes which are held in place by a small piece of rubber. It's is very easy to lose the spring and detent when installing it. I also figured it would be easy enough to lose that piece of rubber at the range under normal use. I ended up covering it with a small piece of electrical tape.

When I was attaching the forward grip I found that one of the screws was a bit short and the threads were stripped. Luckily I had spare screws that were a touch longer and fit perfect.

So yeah quality could have been better for the price and some small engineering details should be addressed. But now that it is installed it is very solid and I find the balance excellent. I also added a 25 mm stock spacer and it fits me perfectly. I'm happy with it
    "The greatest evils of the world will not be carried out by men with guns, but by men in suits sitting behind desks. " - C.S. Lewis

I like mine. I've got it on a custom sr22. Agree with most reviews, the finish isn't the best. Magpul is definitely better quality, but they don't make anything that looks like that.

I have mine on a NEA 7.5" 7.62x39 and another on a 7.5" 5.56, the 7" hand guard fits the forward grip(s) to the mm. Both barrels have muzzle devices to slightly elongate where the flash comes out of, otherwise I think my gloves would have burn holes.

Note that with the handguard pushed up that close to the lower's mag well you can't tilt the upper for easy access to the BCG, you have to remove the whole upper (both takedown pins).

The stock and handguard combo do make the AR-15 platform look sexy. Oddly enough though with such a shortening of the OAL of the rifle you tend to see a lot of magnified optics. Something I did to both of mine also, despite the "CQR" feel.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast