Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Black Friday at FOC..tons of pics!

Black Friday at FOC..tons of pics!

Wow this was my best visit to FOC by far! I initially went for the sneak peek of the X95 but there were sooooo many other things that I liked (wanted to buy)!

Alright, let’s start the X95. The original Tavor was high on my list of future purchases so I have been very anxious to see the X95. My first impression is that it seems a bit more compact, though that may be an illusion because looking at them side by side they look pretty even.

Of course the X95 has lots of new features like a repositioned mag release (more AR like) and bolt (to make room for more rails).

It also features QD sling mounts.

Next to the X95, my favourite rifle of the day was the Colt MRR...wow it’s hot! I love the feel of the monolithic rail.

FOC also had lots of other nice ARs from Daniel Defense, such as this V11 Pro

And I believe they are the first in Canada to offer the Diamondback DB15, at a sweet deal of $1100 for a made in the USA rifle with 200 rounds of ammo!

As you probably know, I have a sweet spot for shotguns so it was great to learn that FOC is an official dealer for Tactical Ordnance! Fortunately they had one of each specimen to check out.

This one is based on the Versa Max semi auto…it has too many modifications for me to list here so I’ll just post some closeups.

I believe Casey is the one of the few, if not the only, gunsmith allowed to do the Vang Comp modification…I seriously need to get one of these!

I should also get a Match Saver. This was my first time seeing one in person and it is a very cool piece of kit.

Shown with the Nightwatch…based on the 870

And the Operator..also based on an 870 but with even more modifications

Ok moving on to handguns…1911s are my favourite and I have always been impressed with the smoothness of STIs…this EDGE was a real beauty (and matches my Steel Flame Killbox, shot by a .45)

And now for the most badass .22 I have ever seen

I really like the look of the Walther PPX..it reminds me of a Hi-Point lol

With its bigger brother, the PPQ Q5 Match

Sig P226 R Long Dust Cover

Yet another thing I need in my collection, a revolver...this S-W Combat Magnum would fit the bill (shown with my Lil Snapper made by Paul Nolan, whipmaker for the Rock’s movie The Rundown)

It was great to run into Dave from Grand Power…thanks for the detailed explanation of the rotating bolt

Some more store pics of the great selection

And of course the guys at FOC are great...truly “gun guys” who actually enjoy talking about guns…thanks again for letting me handle and take pics of everything.

Since you always ask, I followed up with some Blazin hot wings at Buffalo Wild Wing lol

RL

Thanks for the review! FOC has been pretty great to deal with in my experiences.

Thanks for sharing and review, you are awesome as usual. Drop by my restaurant if you are in Quebec area.

I'm not aware that vang comp modification on be done on Versa max, going to return mine back to Casey to get her done up. I really love my Tac Ord versamax.

Quote Originally Posted by KND View Post
    Thanks for sharing and review, you are awesome as usual. Drop by my restaurant if you are in Quebec area.

I'm not aware that vang comp modification on be done on Versa max, going to return mine back to Casey to get her done up. I really love my Tac Ord versamax.
    thanks..i am actually from Montreal and i will be back there for the holidays...which resto? and thanks for the invite.

RL

Quote Originally Posted by RL1 View Post
    thanks..i am actually from Montreal and i will be back there for the holidays...which resto? and thanks for the invite.

RL
    Maskao Plus Sushi, hope you like Sushi but I also offer New York steak and Atlantic salmon grilled, quick Google search would find us. Wine and Dinner are on me, looking for Philip if you are around the area.

wow that is very generous of you thank you..i will try to make it..i like sushi but cant have shellfish. (so unagi, tuna, salmon ika, tako..those are all good)

RL

CGN Regular
    If you shoot 9mm, they have a house brand that shoots pretty good as well! And very reasonably priced!
    We just can't have nice things!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck223's Avatar
    Irony....

I had to pass up hitting the local wing place with Rob as the missus was expecting me to make an appearance for dinner.
    She brought home wings from the local smoke shop......

Thanks for the pics, RL, great as always! Also believe you are the first to have shot the new Tavor X95.
    I've not seen pictures of the Canadian-edition X95 anywhere else.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Thanks for the photos RL.

I bit on that diamondback with a vortex strike eagle 1-6 x 24.

I'll let you know how I like it when I get to the range.

R2.

(ps: your PM box is full )
    Let Every Man Be Armed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast