Thread: Trigger job

Trigger job

Hey all, I've read and heard about polishing trigger internals on a Glock to make it smoother. I've also read/heard to just shoot it or dry fire it a lot and I'd get the same result. Dumb question but this must apply to all triggers though? I have dry fired my SFP-9 almost 9,000 times and shot 500 rounds through it since I got it in October and the trigger is feeling even better than it already was out of the box. Any thoughts?
    I may not be as good as I once was...but I'm as good once as I ever was

Don't practise until you get it right...practise until you can't get it wrong

My first pistol was very "tight" and felt much better after putting about 2k rounds through it. I never found that dry firing did anything except provide practicing trigger control without spending a bunch of money on Ammo. I don't think polishing internals is a diy job for a newbie to tackle. Send lots of lead down range and when it is broken in think about having a smith perform a trigger job. Polishing too much off the wrong part and you may have a serious safety problem.

I'm a new shooter as well so take my words for what they're worth (not a whole lot). I've put 5k rounds through my CZ 75 and about 20k rounds of .22 through my Ruger Mk III and Savage MK II

Good luck