Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: UNG-12 Bull Pup from Wolverine?

UNG-12 Bull Pup from Wolverine?

UNG-12 from Wolverine?

Wolverine started working with Uzkon last July to bring the UNG-12 into Canada. Due to the controversy over Bull Pup stocks verses bull pup rifles we wanted to be sure the correct presentation was made to the RCMP SFSS to insure the UNG-12 was classified as non restricted. We assembled the required TDP, engineer drawings, advertising copy and had Uzkon make two videos that clearly showed the inner workings and disassemble of the shotgun. After the RCMP reviewed our presentation they requested that we supply them with a sample UNG-12 for detailed examination. We are currently waiting for a sample from Uzkon to send to the RCMP SFSS so they can complete their classification process. This sample order is in place, the import certificate issued and we are waiting on Uzkon to manufacture a sample and ship it to us.

CURRENTENTLY THE UNG-12 HAS NO FRT AND NO CLASSIFICATION, NON RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED.

It is not the policy of Wolverine Supplies to “pre-sell” firearms that have not been classified by the RCMP, or take deposits for firearms not even produced, that may never be available in Canada. It is not the policy of Wolverine Supplies to take “Pre- orders” from customers and use those deposits to send to overseas manufacturers. Our target price was to keep the special introductory pricing under $700.00 but that will depend on the exchange rate when we make payment, we are invoiced in US dollars.

Wolverine has an understanding with Uzkon that we would be their exclusive importer for the UNG-12 If we took care of applying for the FRT and gave them an initial PO for 500 units, which we did. Uzkon then requested we pay a hefty deposit, we refused to do this until the FRT was issued and we had tested a sample ourselves.

After the discussions on the UNG-12 over the weekend on CGN I asked Uzkon for clarification of the current situation, following is their unedited reply:

Dear Mr. Hipwell

I apologize for the late reply to your email. We were not in the office in the weekend but I am also surprised about the situation we find ourselves in at the moment. Tactical imports have emailed us a few times regarding the
    UNG-12 but what I can assure you is that we did not agree on any exclusivity deal whatsoever.

At first if you remember, we had talks with you about the product and we also agreed about the exclusivity and the pre-order. You then sent us a pre-order of 500 pieces and we were very happy about this. Our main aim of asking about the pre-order is that we can receive an early pre-payment and invest it in the UNG-12. It is a product that requires large investments to produce it in high quantities. That is why we asked for pre-orders not only from Canada but from all around the World. We did receive numerous pre-orders from around the globe including the 500 pieces order from your company.

Later, due to some difficulties in getting the license you had to postpone your order because of the license issue and had to order a single sample first in order to clear the product for import. You also mentioned that the order might wait for around 5-6 months before you get the license. This came as a shock to us and we were kind of gutted that we had to wait that long before we could eventually introduce the UNG-12 in Canada.

What we basically said to Tactical Imports is if they have a capability of making any pre-order and making the pre-payment because at the moment, the cash up front was more important for the company in order to keep the production of the UNG-12 going. I really apologize that the situation went out of hand but I still assure you that we havent agreed on any exclusivity deal yet. We just had talks with them about the product since we had to weigh our options about the product. We havent received any pre-order from Tactical Imports either that is why I was surprised to see the advertisements from them.

I apologize once again sir about the inconvenience. I hope to hear from you soon regarding the matter to know how we can move forward from here.

Best regards.
    Mukhtar

Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 11-28-2016 at 12:59 PM.

BANNED

Hmm, the plot thickens.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    UNG-12 from Wolverine?

You also mentioned that the order might wait for around 5-6 months before you get the license. This came as a shock to us and we were kind of gutted that we had to wait that long before we could eventually introduce the UNG-12 in Canada.

Mukhtar: Welcome to the Canadian market. Five to six months for issue of an FRT may even be on the optimistic side....the RCMP lab does not have a service standard. I cannot blame any company for not paying an upfront deposit on a gun that has a 50/50 chance of getting a favorable FRT from the lab. We will also have to see how the forthcoming gun control bill from the current government effects the bullpup "loophole".

John
    This post certainly highlights some of the frustrations of trying to import new firearms to the Cdn market. Good luck.

An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it. -Jeff Cooper

D.V.C.

CGN frequent flyer Jerry Champagne's Avatar
    I see your Jihad and Raise you a Crusade

Have you ever smelt your enemy's last breath? Have you?

This thing will sell like hot cakes if the msrp is $700-750. Crazy how TI listed it at $1000 and then have a "special" for $850.

Interesting times indeed....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonjour43ma View Post
    This thing will sell like hot cakes if the msrp is $700-750. Crazy how TI listed it at $1000 and then have a "special" for $850.

Interesting times indeed....
    Crazy how a company can take nearly a thousand bucks from people for a rifle that's not even approved yet...
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscript View Post

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyguy View Post
    Hmm, the plot thickens.
    the plot sickens...

Thank you for the background, John.
    Last edited by tootall; 11-28-2016 at 12:56 PM.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast