Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: SKS Mag adapter special, now with free XCR mag, limited special

As any gunsmith can change the caliber of a firearm, often requiring the modification of the mag well, there is no reason this would be illegal.

CGN Regular
    Thanks Nagol,

As I mentioned, I'm a little new to this and just want to understand the situation. Common sense would dictate that if a legitimate company had set themselves up to market the device and provide instruction on how to implement it, they'd already looked into it all.

I've just heard horror stories of guys with all the best intentions to follow the law, going out to have a fun day of shooting only to get cornered by an officer not willing to back down but also not fully understanding the law himself and John Q. Public gets in hot water.

Sadly sometimes paper is the best armor in these situations

That's exactly what I figured. If they're selling I'm sure they're legal. No need to stir the pot is all I'm saying. You know how they like to take the fun away from us.

Free plug for HiCal cause these rifle setups are too awesome!!!!

[youtube]EGCpEOXRWfw[/youtube]

Runs like a top after they are properly tweaked.

CGN Regular
    Lol that look at the end...deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattthescreamer View Post
    Lol that look at the end...deal with it.
    Pretty much. I had a huge grin on my face that day but just made that face for the video.

I've been looking to buy an AR mag adaptor for my SKS. Is this specific adaptor an improvement on the "G9" imported from the USA by Magwedge?

CGN Regular
    Best response possible lol

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by poutine3 View Post
    I've been looking to buy an AR mag adaptor for my SKS. Is this specific adaptor an improvement on the "G9" imported from the USA by Magwedge?
    Absolutely going to be better. Its MADE IN CANADA! Ergonomics look better too.
    And looking at the install of the 2 it looks like there is less effing around with HiCal's product.

cross posting a competitors product is probably seen as "uncool" to the owners of this thread btw.

Quote Originally Posted by meatball74 View Post
    Absolutely going to be better. Its MADE IN CANADA! Ergonomics look better too.
    And looking at the install of the 2 it looks like there is less effing around with HiCal's product.

cross posting a competitors product is probably seen as "uncool" to the owners of this thread btw.
    Thanks for the info. Sorry about cross posting, I just couldn't find anyone comparing the 2, which isn't obvious for anyone shopping online just by looking at photos of a chunk of machined steel.

I've got money to spend and would love to hear the HiCal guys chime in on this -- as they designed this product they definitely know best.
    Last edited by poutine3; 03-08-2017 at 03:17 PM.