Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Raveneye Peep Sight for the SKS

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I know the peep sight makes it easier to pick up targets and focus,, especially for old eyes, but has anyone done a range test,, before and after to see how much more accurate the peep makes your sks? I am planning to order one but was just wondering!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Business Member MagWedge Industries's Avatar
    Al I can say that when I was testing the RavenEye I noticed an appreciable gain in accuracy but as this was something I had not expected to see, I did not document it properly.

I suspect that the fact that its easier for a shooter to sight more consistently with a peep rather than the original v groove sight contributes to this effect.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    I am very much so looking forward to trying out the raveneye for the vz!!!!!!
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

I got one for my SKS and really, really liked the sight picture. For what it's worth, it's pairs real nice with the Tapco hiviz front posts

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PinkyPlinker's Avatar
    Had a chance to try mine out. Very good! MagWedge got the aperture size just right. Nice product!

Edit - oops! This was meant for the CZ858... also have one for the SKS but haven't tried it yet.
    Last edited by PinkyPlinker; 02-01-2018 at 06:41 PM.

Thanks all!

We are down to the last two SKS Raveneye, but a new supply will be in any day now.

Lots of the CZ version in stock at this time, so order away ...

I just bought one of these, the shipping was very fast, ordered on Monday night, in my mailbox when I got home Friday. Opened the package, it says you will need a bench vice or a buddy to help, need pliers to pull old site out etc. Went a lot easier than depicted for me, held rifle on my lap and pressed down on site with a flat head with paper wrapped around it to avoid marring original sight, pulled by hand and the old sight came right out. The tricky bit was reinstalling the adjustment slider, it did not want to slide on the new sight easily and I was concerned I might damage the gears or loose the springs. In the end I held the buttons in, then released slightly and pressed again as I was sliding it on and managed to get it without forcing. This step was a bit fidgety but turned out to be the hardest part of the whole operation. I then just pressed the new sight back in, I was expecting to have to depress the spring but it just slid right in using slight downward force on the sight as I slid it in then click it went right in to place. All in all the installation was easier than I was expecting. The sight looks like it belongs on my rifle, I mean it looks really great. I was considering a Williams sight set someone had posted in the EE, but took preference to this site because my SKS is a fairly nice referb, all numbers matching except force matched stock. I wanted a better sight picture to improve accuracy but did not want to ruin the original look of my rifle since it is such a fine example. This sight looks as though it came with the rifle. The sight picture is everything I hoped it would be and more. The aperture is the perfect size, it just barely hides the front sight hood so if you are holding a little off you can see the hood appear. Before I installed this sight, I was getting 10" groups at 50 yards, my eyes just don't work very good with iron sights. The cheap Chinese surplus ammo I have been using could be partially to blame, though I took a friend out for his first time shooting and he was a natural getting more like 6" or so groups so I think it is mostly my old eyes. If I get a chance to test it out soon, I may follow up to let you guys know if the sight brought those groups in a bit for me. I was going to post a photo of the sight picture, but I could not get my cell phone to focus well enough to do it justice. There are plenty of good pics in this thread, I do not see one that really paints the picture of how nice the sight picture is though. I can not wait to try this. Thanks David for this great product and incredibly fast shipping service.

Nice review and glad you like it.

I do my best to make sure our products suit the guns they fit and are relatively easy to install, so its nice to get feedback that suggests we hit the mark.

Any interest in installing mine? My original sight seems to have a verrrrrry stubborn and strong pin in it....

Quote Originally Posted by Abey0beyCeezy View Post
    Any interest in installing mine? My original sight seems to have a verrrrrry stubborn and strong pin in it....
    I prefer to leave working on other people's rifles to the paid professionals or the owners, less liability and pain involved, lol.

There are quite a few videos on YouTube worth looking at.

Make sure you are contacting a pin and not the nubs on the sight base if trying to tap it out from the side.

I have seen the quick and dirty whack it with hammer and screwdriver method work (please watch video before trying as screwdriver angle is critical) it just bends the retaining pin on the way out. A somewhat moot loss as the pin is not needed to reinstall the original sight.