Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910

Thread: New GSG-15 Rifle Preorder!

CGN Regular
    Just got my GSG 15-22, im so happy, it looks and feels great. I have a quick question, is it okay to dry fire this rifle? I've heard that is not good to dry fire .22 firearms. But i cant figure out any other way to release the spring tension once im done shooting.

Hold the bolt with one hand, and press the trigger to engage the bolt and gently release the bolt. In most cases it's okay to dry fire if it's for the purpose of what you described, it's just not good for it in the long term after you've done it hundreds of times. This works for Centrefire rifles as well, but if you do this on a lever action rifle, put your thumb between the hammer and firing pin, and one thumb on the hammer itself so it doesn't slam. This also prevents accidents where if you only have your thumb on the hammer, and it slips, it'll hit the firing pin with the same force as if you pulled the trigger. Same applies to pistols that do not have a decocker.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSyrup View Post
    Hold the bolt with one hand, and press the trigger to engage the bolt and gently release the bolt. In most cases it's okay to dry fire if it's for the purpose of what you described, it's just not good for it in the long term after you've done it hundreds of times. This works for Centrefire rifles as well, but if you do this on a lever action rifle, put your thumb between the hammer and firing pin, and one thumb on the hammer itself so it doesn't slam. This also prevents accidents where if you only have your thumb on the hammer, and it slips, it'll hit the firing pin with the same force as if you pulled the trigger. Same applies to pistols that do not have a decocker.
    What now? No hammer here.
    CCFR Member & CSSA Member • “Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.” - HST

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Islay View Post
    What now? No hammer here.
    On your lever action? Or what are you referring to? Sorry, I'm newer to the gun community, just going by what my P.A.L. instructor taught us.

BANNED
    Did you receive the tan model?.....are the mags tan too? Could you post a picture

CGN Regular
    I bought the black model but i can tell you the mags are exactly the same than the ISSC MK22

Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline681 View Post
    Just got my GSG 15-22, im so happy, it looks and feels great. I have a quick question, is it okay to dry fire this rifle? I've heard that is not good to dry fire .22 firearms. But i cant figure out any other way to release the spring tension once im done shooting.
    You could use snap caps or dummy rounds.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

CGN Regular
    I've tried using the flip up sights but i cant seem to adjust the height of the front sight to be able to be accurate at close range (5-10 yards).

By lowering the front sight I was getting closer but I reached the maximum I could lower it.

I have only used the peep hole to look through but should I be looking through the top notch instead?

Just pull the bolt back enough to pull trigger to release the tension.This way the pin is away from the breech so you can release the pin safely.Do this on all my .22s.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910