Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: GSG 15's $499.99 includes freight available Aug 1st

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    Has anyone tested/fired the GSG 15 yet!??

I'm still o the fence about these rifles
    Had it out to the range, overall impression is it is a very reliable rifle. The magazine takes a bit of effort to seat but that might break in later on. Mini Mags worked perfect (around 80 rounds), Blazer I had one fail to feed (50 rounds), and the 333 had two fail to fire with a good primer strike.

Go out and get one. Western Metal shipped on a Monday and had it on the Friday.

12 yards off hand, supplied folding sights.
    Last edited by Bugout; 12-17-2016 at 06:31 PM.
    ORA - BRRC - IPSC - CSSA - CCFR - DCRA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugout View Post
    Had it out to the range, overall impression is it is a very reliable rifle. The magazine takes a bit of effort to seat but that might break in later on. Mini Mags worked perfect (around 80 rounds), Blazer I had one fail to feed (50 rounds), and the 333 had two fail to fire with a good primer strike.

So other then the cheap ammo not igniting from primer strikes no other really concerns or issues??

Damn it, now I really don't know what I want lol
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Business Member Western Metal Inc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugout View Post

Thank you for the feedback.

So other then the cheap ammo not igniting from primer strikes no other really concerns or issues??

Damn it, now I really don't know what I want lol
    No other concerns. The folding stock is adjustable in length, folds and unfolds easily to make a very compact package. The cheek riser works well, overall the stock is well designed. The stock sights had to be adjusted slightly, the front sight had to go down a turn (they supply a sight adjusting tool), and the rear sight tweaked a tiny bit. I'm going to put a red dot on it for the next trip. As for the target I posted, it was just a big red dot in the middle of a letter sized sheet of paper, and I didn't take my time to put holes in it. I had the rear sight back as far as it would go and used the peep sight (there is also a notch on top to use it as a normal rear sight if you move it forward on the rifle). The rails look solid and straight so mounting optics should not be a problem.

Use good ammo and you should get good results. I did a couple of mags filled to capacity and there were no issues. Just make sure you load the rounds correctly, same as the STG 44 version.

I did a second trip with a friend who hasn't shot in years. He was very comfortable with it and did very well.

In the folded configuration is is almost backpack sized.
    ORA - BRRC - IPSC - CSSA - CCFR - DCRA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bolivar's Avatar
    Outside Barrie ON, Native to South Shore of NS
    Glad to see a postive review. I had an ISSC...it was a massive piece of unreliable garbage.

If this GSG model functions reliably I may well add one to my stable of fun for the cottage guns.
    GREASY CIVI Black Rifle Shooter
    Member: BDHACC, OSPE, PEO, CSSA, CCFR, Project Mapleseed, CRPS, OSA

Is it possible to pick up instead of shipping?

Edit: Never mind just read off your website FAQ that is a big fat no.
    Eat, sleep, , reload.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    Interesting rifle. Can anyone post some photos about its disassembly?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    Glad to see a postive review. I had an ISSC...it was a massive piece of unreliable garbage.

If this GSG model functions reliably I may well add one to my stable of fun for the cottage guns.
    I too was disappointed with the issc. IM hoping for others to chime in wit theirs too for reliability
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Business Member Western Metal Inc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada tail View Post
    Interesting rifle. Can anyone post some photos about its disassembly?
    Go to the "Data Sheets" on our webstore for the GSG15's.
    https://www.westernmetal.ca/shooting...rearm-gsg-15-b

I too was disappointed with the issc. IM hoping for others to chime in wit theirs too for reliability
    I shot 210 rounds today, flawless function, cci stinger and mini mags. I was worried with all the issc reviews but am very happy with this gsg-15.