Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CTCSupplies is making our Uniformed Public Service Discount PERMANENT!

CGN frequent flyer Moparman1303's Avatar
    Amazing. You're good people sir.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bollox's Avatar
    Great to see this!
    sic semper tyrannis

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    As a regular consumer... I always feel like I end up paying for the cost of this.... Any truth to that?
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

Thanks guys! Got the code this am.

Good on ya!
    OP'd by jbrow397:
    We held court on the Internet and as usual, all parties are held in contempt.

Thanks guys. I know that you've always offered this to me in the past. Great to see it you've extended it and made it permanent.

CGN frequent flyer lil_juiced_coupe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onagoth View Post
    As a regular consumer... I always feel like I end up paying for the cost of this.... Any truth to that?
    I doubt you will see a 5% increase in retail price. It's really just a token of acknowledgment... I just see people like linemen, welders, flaggers etc being killed in the job on a regular basis yet no discounts are applied to their hobbies. I can't make he mental connection between what makes someones paid profession more important then another's. If someone was taking a noticeable loss in pay to help others then I would get it (like our armed forces, don't get paid anywhere close to what they should and as far as I'm concerned should get an easy ride after service). And before someone jumps down my throat... I doubt a vehicle inspector chose his or her carreer based on their un wavering moral duty to make sure people have their mud flaps installed and lift kits aren't to high.
    Last edited by lil_juiced_coupe; 12-06-2016 at 02:25 AM.

CGN Regular
    A lot of the reasons why the discounts for the US military is they in general get paid worse than even our military, a lot of companies started acknowledging it and giving them discounts. Regarding easy ride? Combat vet hell yeah, desk clerk not really

Quote Originally Posted by lil_juiced_coupe View Post
    I doubt you will see a 5% increase in retail price. It's really just a token of acknowledgment... I just see people like linemen, welders, flaggers etc being killed in the job on a regular basis yet no discounts are applied to their hobbies. I can't make he mental connection between what makes someones paid profession more important then another's. If someone was taking a noticeable loss in pay to help others then I would get it (like our armed forces, don't get paid anywhere close to what they should and as far as I'm concerned should get an easy ride after service). And before someone jumps down my throat... I doubt a vehicle inspector chose his or her carreer based on their un wavering moral duty to make sure people have their mud flaps installed and lift kits aren't to high.
    The difference being that linemen, welders and flaggers, insert what ever other job you want, can refuse something that will likely result in their death.

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    The difference being that linemen, welders and flaggers, insert what ever other job you want, can refuse something that will likely result in their death.

Shawn
    Well said Shawn. I do believe it is called Unlimited Liability

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12