Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: New Dominion Smokeless Powders

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Those are excellent prices, with the way powder has gone up lately
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    we will add powders based in when the plant has stock. I will get the current stock list ASAP

can you get bulk pull-down or blemished .30 cal, ~150gr slugs cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by tootall View Post
    can you get bulk pull-down or blemished .30 cal, ~150gr slugs cheap?
    maybe blems, if they have them.

Who and how are you going to brake down the bulk containers into smaller quantities? Is all the powder from the same lot or is it different lots? The reason I'm asking is if you brake down a 35 lb keg into single one pound containers and at the end you have 3/4 of a pound left will it be topped up to make a full pound from another keg? Will it be discarded?

Who is doing the work braking it down have they been trained in handling explosives? Making sure the right stuff is going in the right containers.

The reason I'm asking this is I don't trust anyone in my reload room. I know that I'm very carefull when working with propellants and would not feel comfortable letting anyone touch my containers.
    If I allowed this I would feel the next time I was reloading like I had just loaded up a bunch of rounds with a half a container of questionable powder bought from a garage sale.

I know what I'm getting from IMR in sealed containers (is what it is) because of their time tested quality assurance.

So for Canammo being new to this, can you give us some info on your quality assurance process.

When reloading safety is everything that's why I am asking.

Quote Originally Posted by RayHill View Post
    Who and how are you going to brake down the bulk containers into smaller quantities? Is all the powder from the same lot or is it different lots? The reason I'm asking is if you brake down a 35 lb keg into single one pound containers and at the end you have 3/4 of a pound left will it be topped up to make a full pound from another keg? Will it be discarded?

Who is doing the work braking it down have they been trained in handling explosives? Making sure the right stuff is going in the right containers.

The reason I'm asking this is I don't trust anyone in my reload room. I know that I'm very carefull when working with propellants and would not feel comfortable letting anyone touch my containers.
    If I allowed this I would feel the next time I was reloading like I had just loaded up a bunch of rounds with a half a container of questionable powder bought from a garage sale.

I know what I'm getting from IMR in sealed containers (is what it is) because of their time tested quality assurance.

So for Canammo being new to this, can you give us some info on your quality assurance process.

When reloading safety is everything that's why I am asking.
    As I said above, it is all from 1 lot.

Morning Star

The Lightbringer
    I don't see a need for CanAm to provide us with any of what you are asking for. They have been inspected and certified by our Fed Gov Explosives branch to do what they are doing. The inspectors and regulations we have are some of the most stringent on the planet, to make it through that and come to market is good enough for me.
    Slavex
    It's always more fun to shoot stuff that does stuff.

Some Mornings, It's Just Not Worth Chewing Through The Leather Straps

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Splatter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    I don't see a need for CanAm to provide us with any of what you are asking for. ....
    Ja, I'm with Slavex on this. I remember buying my powder in brown paper bags from Ammo-Mart. This is how Hodgdon's got their start. (sort of)
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all. "

Noam Chomsky

So for the extruded rifle powder we use the same data for h4198 then I assume.
    I just picked up a 308 a few months ago. I've been using leverevolution with some really impressive velocities.
    Anyways I was still kinda researching what would be best in a 308 since I was using the lever just because I had it and found someone who was using it and got a starting load and just worked up from there to find the node.
    So is this powder also appropriate for a 22-250,or is it too fast.
    And do I order from the link in your sig.
    Thanks

Close to my Friends, Closer to my Enemies
    Been waiting for this. I'll take 10 lbs of D4198.
    “Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.” - Aristotle