Thread: Pal/rpal application

Pal/rpal application

Good day. I recently completed the CFSC & will be doing the CRFSC this coming weekend. Can anyone tell me, when I send in my completed appliction to receive my PAL/RPAL license, can I send a "standard" Canadian passport sized color photo with it? I realize the measurements are different, but are they within the same size limits of each other, so much so that the passport photo will suffice? Thanks in advance.

CGN Regular
    I got my photo taken at Shopper's Drug Mart, they have a booklet they use to check the picture they'd take of you to ensure that it meets with the RCMP specs as they are different than the one used in your passport. I imagine other photo places like Costco or Walmart have the same set up... You could always ask at your local range who did their photo?
    Member of CSSA & CCFR

You can take your own photo and print it to the correct size yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawksley19 View Post
    Good day. I recently completed the CFSC & will be doing the CRFSC this coming weekend. Can anyone tell me, when I send in my completed appliction to receive my PAL/RPAL license, can I send a "standard" Canadian passport sized color photo with it? I realize the measurements are different, but are they within the same size limits of each other, so much so that the passport photo will suffice? Thanks in advance.
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta) Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013) OFAH Member

CGN Regular
    I took it at home. Sized it in the computer cut it out and glued it on

Got mine done at Costco this spring, passport size, didn't seem to matter.

I got mine done at a passport photo place. Told them it was for a PAL. They had the correct measurements there

I had my done a shoppers too. Showed the gal the dimension requirements and all was good.

Got mine done at an London Drugs and they had a preset for PAL so it was given to me at the right size. They used a stamp on the back of one of them that's out of date, so make sure you use the sticker provided for the back of it