Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gorge on this.....

BANNED
    Hiding in BC. Send lawyers, guns and money
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Snake View Post
    http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/r...S-2016-eng.pdf

on pages 7-8 of the "It is illegal to do the following:" section;
    "leave a fishing line unattended in the water"

Of course, if you're using these for survival then it's unlikely there's going to be a conservation officer around to fine you. And if there is, consider the fine the fare you paid to get a ride back to civilization with the CO.
    There are exceptions, around here it is very common to use set lines for burbot.

Page 9 BC freshwater fishing regulations (not the sport fishing guide.)

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/fish/reg...is_2015-17.pdf

"you may only fish with a set line (an unattended line) in lakes of Region 6
    & in lakes of Zone A of Region 7. You are allowed to use only one line with one hook (no smaller than 3 cm from point to shank - see below). Any game fish that you catch other than burbot must be released. Set lines must be marked with angler’s name, address and telephone number."
    Last edited by j_06; 12-11-2016 at 10:48 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar
    Of course, if you're using these for survival then it's unlikely there's going to be a conservation officer around to fine you. And if there is, consider the fine the fare you paid to get a ride back to civilization with the CO.
    Bingo
    Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinimon View Post
    Next time I buy stuff, I'll add these to my cart. Humm, in a SHTF scenario, I wonder if there's anything to catch in the Don River other than a shoe, old tire or occasional shopping cart. lol

Of course.. eating this fish would have the same repercussions as sharing syringes in a junkie house, a lifetime of unprotected sex and licking the pole on the TTC.

Quote Originally Posted by squidxm View Post
    Of course.. eating this fish would have the same repercussions as sharing syringes in a junkie house, a lifetime of unprotected sex and licking the pole on the TTC.
    I go across the Lions Gate Bridge every day and I always get creeped out when I see guys fishing at the mouth of the Capilano River... which is literally right next to a sewage treatment plant.
    Nothing changes until people start dying, usually by starvation.

I had to laugh at the highly illegal fishing methods . I carry large snagging trebble hooks in my survival kit (also a highly illegal fishing method) however upon deploying such tactics a Fish and wildlife officer or a concerned member of the public is sure to step out of the bush and place you in cuffs . They will drag you away and force feed you hot food in a comfy cell . INSTANT RESCUE .Maybe a side note FOR REAL SURVIVAL PURPOSES ONLY is required for the packaging .
    acyrologiaphobia – the feer of the incorrect use of english?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Fishing is the one thing that's always bothered me about survival planning. I don't really like fish. Not a big fan of the taste, can't stand the smell and I worry that it'll attract bears. Of course, after going without food for a couple of days, fish might start seeming like manna from heaven

That being said, those are some pretty neat hooks and at $4 a piece you can't go wrong tossing a few of these in your kit. Does anyone here have any experience using this kind of hook?

You answerd your own question, bait the hood catch a fish, wait for bear to arrive..... shoot bear now you have food, shelter, mits and boots.... this just went from survival to a great week away in the bush!!!
    Hearts and Minds; Two best places to shoot
    Fighting in a basement provides challenges, Number 1 your fighting in a basement!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Arclight's Avatar
    Interesting piece of kit. I will order some up with my next One Shot order.
    Vae Victis

CPC and OPC party member. CCFR, and OFHA member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar
    Mils Specs, the funny thing is, the hooks arent illegal, fishing with them isnt illegal, apparently walking away from your fishing stuff is.
    Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TERMINATOR101CA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinimon View Post
    Next time I buy stuff, I'll add these to my cart. Humm, in a SHTF scenario, I wonder if there's anything to catch in the Don River other than a shoe, old tire or occasional shopping cart. lol
    There's bodies in there as well.
    Kate Beckinsale :
    Quote Originally Posted by fireball View Post
    I'd love to look at her Underworld!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by smelly pete View Post
    And give it a lycan

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/r...S-2016-eng.pdf

on pages 7-8 of the "It is illegal to do the following:" section;
    "leave a fishing line unattended in the water"

Either that or start playing solitaire... bound to find humanity either way hahaha.

Here's your ticket home, and why don't you move that row over those cards.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast