Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: North Eastern Arms AR15 SALE...plus exciting news!

Quote Originally Posted by OCCAM View Post
    Does one need a range membership to purchase a stripped lower for cfo approval in BC?
    You do not, all firearms owners are also collectors now, you can say its for your collection.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    Is the pictured flash hider the one included?

Business Member
    Ryan and SFRC rock! Thanks!

Cheers,

Barney

CGN Regular
    Order up!

Quote Originally Posted by polskadude View Post
    You do not, all firearms owners are also collectors now, you can say its for your collection.
    Ate you 100% on that? I had the understanding that it was simply a restricted too. I have had to register all of the lowers I have bought (granted, I never went down that road to claim it as a "collector's item" but never knew that was an option). I would assume that if you could do that somehow, you wouldn't be able to build off of it?
    Planning on living forever. So far, so good!

Quote Originally Posted by CravingGlory View Post
    Ate you 100% on that? I had the understanding that it was simply a restricted too. I have had to register all of the lowers I have bought (granted, I never went down that road to claim it as a "collector's item" but never knew that was an option). I would assume that if you could do that somehow, you wouldn't be able to build off of it?
    You still register it, but you are able to own one even though you don't belong to a club. In the past you HAD to belong to a club to have any restricted firearms, or else you had no legal grounds to own it, Target Practice was the only legal reason to own a restricted. UNLESS you had a collectors license. Collectors license were merged with regular PAL and RPAL with Bill C-42.

My buddy has a couple restricted handguns, when he purchased them, the RCMP asked for reason, target practice, or collecting. He said collecting and they didn't ask for his gun club name. He is not a member of any gun club either.

They have also asked me for reason for purchase, collecting or target practice, I've always said target practice because that is my intention.

Quote Originally Posted by CravingGlory View Post
    He didn't say you didn't need to register it he said you didn't have to be a member of a gun club to register it. Not just the stripped lowers but any restricted firearms.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    You still register it, but you are able to own one even though you don't belong to a club. In the past you HAD to belong to a club to have any restricted firearms, or else you had no legal grounds to own it, Target Practice was the only legal reason to own a restricted. UNLESS you had a collectors license. Collectors license were merged with regular PAL and RPAL with Bill C-42.

My buddy has a couple restricted handguns, when he purchased them, the RCMP asked for reason, target practice, or collecting. He said collecting and they didn't ask for his gun club name. He is not a member of any gun club either.

They have also asked me for reason for purchase, collecting or target practice, I've always said target practice because that is my intention.
    When I did my first restricted purchase a few weeks ago (Alberta) I received a letter asking for proof of range membership or to fill out a specific form proving I was a collector.

I don't think it's a default thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    No issue...it will get released when all the ducks are in a row.

Ryan
    Is this about the NEA 25 being released as a restricted or the Canadian NR version? (Can't remember the model name)

Ontario was different than the rest of Canada. We could always purchase restricted for collections.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast