Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Baofeng UV-5R programming cable

I have tried several drivers to no avail. Looks like I'll be getting another cable.
    I guess the counterfeiters got me on this one.

I don't think the Mac is the ideal platform for Chirp either. Maybe I'll sneak it onto my wife's work lap top

Oh ya, my cheap on cable didn't come with a CD.
    Holder of “unacceptable” views

Quote Originally Posted by mossler View Post
    So basically take your non-working one, chop off the USB end and wire the CP2102 to it. I approve.

For the lazy, I am told you just buy an Amcrest cable : https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01...A3FNL1I5ZIZEYG
    Shoot man, that cable costs as much as the radio did!

Quote Originally Posted by bjs7293 View Post
    Most of the cables on Ebay and Amazon are junk. They have knock off Prolific chipsets. The prolific drivers will not work. If you order this chipset and wire the cable in it will work. CP2102 USB 2.0 to UART TTL 5PIN Module Serial Converter. Just search on Ebay only a few bucks.
    How do you attach the wires to the pins? Connectors or solder? I'm guessing the heat from soldering would be bad for the chip!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarvy View Post
    Did your cable come with a mini CD? After trying every fix under the sun for the cable drivers I got off the internet with no success, someone pointed out that it came with a driver on the disc.

It's in the USB > CH340 folder
    Same for me.

I would try a PC before you get another cable.

CGN frequent flyer
    The housing around the side that connects to your radio is built too large. Take a knife and shave off some of the plastic around the edges of the two pronged plug. Go slow...little by little. Before shaving it off it appears that it fits correctly into the radio. After shaving you see that it really didn't fit properly before. Solved the problem for me on 2 different cables.

Thanks,
    Cal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hovenator View Post
    How do you attach the wires to the pins? Connectors or solder? I'm guessing the heat from soldering would be bad for the chip!
    There are stand off's on the chip, no problem soldering.

Quote Originally Posted by calvados.boulard View Post
    The housing around the side that connects to your radio is built too large. Take a knife and shave off some of the plastic around the edges of the two pronged plug. Go slow...little by little. Before shaving it off it appears that it fits correctly into the radio. After shaving you see that it really didn't fit properly before. Solved the problem for me on 2 different cables.

Thanks,
    Cal.
    I think the problem most people are having is that there is a conflict between the computer and cable. Until the conflict is fixed it will not work

CanadaAmmo has the Baofeng Radio Programming USB Cable back in-stock. I have not had a problem with mine, the drivers on the disk that the cable comes with work on my Windows 10 laptop.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Third Defect View Post
    CanadaAmmo has the Baofeng Radio Programming USB Cable back in-stock. I have not had a problem with mine, the drivers on the disk that the cable comes with work on my Windows 10 laptop.
    So how do you get the driver off the disc .
    Using win 7 , load the disc & no auto install Just view ?
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    So how do you get the driver off the disc .
    Using win 7 , load the disc & no auto install Just view ?
    Any one make it work ?
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast