Baofeng UV-5R programming cable

I haven't been on the Chirp site for awhile but I thought there was some troubleshooting for the cheap chipsets.
Edit: I was wrong, look here http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php

Sounds like its almost easier to manually program these radios. It's not that hard once you learn the steps.

It is , I have already programmed several of these radios manually.
I want to use the programmer to name the channels

You have a cable with a knock off prolific chip set. Give up now trying to get it to work.

This cable & disc was recently ordered & delivered from Canada Ammo !

It is , I have already programmed several of these radios manually.
I want to use the programmer to name the channels

This cable & disc was recently ordered & delivered from Canada Ammo !

As I posted before:

Did your cable come with a mini CD? After trying every fix under the sun for the cable drivers I got off the internet with no success, someone pointed out that it came with a driver on the disc.

It's in the USB > CH340 folder

The housing around the side that connects to your radio is built too large. Take a knife and shave off some of the plastic around the edges of the two pronged plug. Go slow...little by little. Before shaving it off it appears that it fits correctly into the radio. After shaving you see that it really didn't fit properly before. Solved the problem for me on 2 different cables.

Thanks,
Cal.

This is what worked for me. Just had to hack it a bit.

As I posted before:

Did your cable come with a mini CD? After trying every fix under the sun for the cable drivers I got off the internet with no success, someone pointed out that it came with a driver on the disc.

It's in the USB > CH340 folder

Yes I finally got the PL2303 install on my desk top & seems to install to the device with the 2007 version but I still get the can not start code 10 .
I did every thing in the video posted but still not functioning

Yes I finally got the PL2303 install on my desk top & seems to install to the device with the 2007 version but I still get the can not start code 10 .
I did every thing in the video posted but still not functioning

Ignore all videos, none of them work, the only cable driver that will work is the CH341SER application found in the CH340 folder (Found in the USB folder) on the mini CD that comes with the Canadaammo cable.

I know the feeling, I spent all day watching dozens of videos install, re-installing rebooting over and over and over. None of that garbage works. You have to use the driver that comes with the CD. If you don't have a CD, I'll see if I can upload the driver somewhere for you.

Last edited:
Ignore all videos, none of them work, the only cable driver that will work is the CH341SER application found in the CH340 folder (Found in the USB folder) on the mini CD that comes with the Canadaammo cable.

I know the feeling, I spent all day watching dozens of videos install, re-installing rebooting over and over and over. None of that garbage works. You have to use the driver that comes with the CD. If you don't have a CD, I'll see if I can upload the driver somewhere for you.

I do have the CD .
Looks like I was loading the wrong files off the CD . I just loaded the CH341SER from the USB folder as you said .
IT'S WORKING ! I owe you one :d
Now all I have to figure out is how to name the channels !

I do have the CD .
Looks like I was loading the wrong files off the CD . I just loaded the CH341SER from the USB folder as you said .
IT'S WORKING ! I owe you one :d
Now all I have to figure out is how to name the channels !

Good to hear, naming the channels is easy as filling out the right slot in CHIRP. Have fun!

One of my uv5r had to be programmed with the original software. Once that was done I was ok with chirp.
That might be what you are experiencing.
The original software is not bad at all fyi. Give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom