Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: New project - Can you guess?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    The Nodak lowers can use 180b or 180 uppers. The uppers are unregulated and don't change what the lower is. The lowers are approved with this knowledge already well established.

If Canam builds their lower to use 180b or 180 uppers it should be much the same.
    There is 99.9% Nodak lower will be classified or reclassified as prohibited then. Toxic item.

One of the tests that has been used in classification is the ability to accept the upper. Innability to accept the upper made 180B NR, same goes to "modern hunter". Simply put, looks like 180, takes 180 upper, it is 180 or variant of it. Whether the upper "regulated" or not, it does not matter.
    Last edited by guess_kto; 12-17-2016 at 10:36 PM.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    Yes, maybe we'll put the brakes on them
    It all depends on your price point. At $500 each I can't see the Nodaks as big sellers. If you can come in significantly under that you're good to go. Of course a complete gun would fly off the shelves, especially in the $1000-1500 range. Look at all the T97s that have been sold despite all their design shortcomings. I think a more conventional AR-15ish design in the same price range that is non-restricted would be a guaranteed winner.

Hell, I'd buy one and I already have two 180Bs.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SteelCap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ted_dent View Post
    It all depends on your price point. At $500 each I can't see the Nodaks as big sellers. If you can come in significantly under that you're good to go. Of course a complete gun would fly off the shelves, especially in the $1000-1500 range. Look at all the T97s that have been sold despite all their design shortcomings. I think a more conventional AR-15ish design in the same price range that is non-restricted would be a guaranteed winner.

Hell, I'd buy one and I already have two 180Bs.
    +1
    And a big plus is it is CanAm you are dealing with. A proven track record for any before and after sales support. The other guys, well you just don't know and it may need to leave the country or not.

All I know is I intend to buy one of these lowers when they become available. I have one that I enjoy shooting, and like most other owners I'd like to keep it going as long as I can.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    they will be well under the Nodak price

I picked up the prototype and will post assembled pics on monday

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guess_kto View Post
    There is 99.9% Nodak lower will be classified or reclassified as prohibited then. Toxic item.

One of the tests that has been used in classification is the ability to accept the upper. Innability to accept the upper made 180B NR, same goes to "modern hunter". Simply put, looks like 180, takes 180 upper, it is 180 or variant of it. Whether the upper "regulated" or not, it does not matter.
    But it isn't. And hasn't been. And it was all known in the original advertising. So it is what it is, until it isn't. Like everything else in our hobby.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by Smcx View Post
    I'd totally buy a complete rifle with an aluminum lower for under 1k
    + 1 on this. I would buy in a second. Not really interested in a lower that will sit in the locker for ten years while i hunt down parts. The original might not have sold well, but in this market, nr, these will be hard to keep in stock. Not 2500$ and not eastern block would be a breath of fresh air.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    they will be well under the Nodak price

I picked up the prototype and will post assembled pics on monday
    Looking forward to it.

CanAm you guys should contract the Chinese to build some DA uppers for these lowers. It could really work out if you get a handle on the QC.
    "Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.”
    ― Thomas Sowell,

I would be in for a complete rifle. Between 1k and 1500. Rail built into upper would be sick.