Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 79101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: New project - Can you guess?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Phased plasma rifle in the 30 watt range?
    A tiger in Africa?!

CGN Regular
    Ashtray?

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    Thank you to all the beta testers. I believe all that applied will get one once we have them.
    Does that mean there weren't too many volunteers? I'm really excited to get my hands on one, I'll have my buddy who's a professional photographer come take some pics and vids of it

Do you have a conservative wild guess on when this will happen?
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.

223 or 308?

Quote Originally Posted by mic1076 View Post
    223 or 308?
    AR180 was never made in 308
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    Ah no. The prototype takes time guys, we aren't General Dynamics.
    Thank you to all the beta testers. I believe all that applied will get one once we have them.
    That is GREAT! I emailed in to be a beta tester last month as well. Can't wait to give the aluminum Lower a try!
    Thanks CanAm.
    Member:CCFR & CPC

Do you need a 180B lower parts kit to transfer over? An AR15 LPK won'the provide the proprietary AR180 parts required to complete a bare lower. Unless you also provide those parts, there is no way for a 12(5) AR180 owner to transfer over an original upper to create a shootable Restricted rifle. This further limits your potential customer base for stripped lower receivers. You really need to source AR180 LPKs out of China, along with new, complete NR-length upper receivers to complete your Canadian-made CNC lower Receivers. Then you will sell hundreds, if not thousands depending on your price point...
    Mark C

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    Do you need a 180B lower parts kit to transfer over? An AR15 LPK won'the provide the proprietary AR180 parts required to complete a bare lower. Unless you also provide those parts, there is no way for a 12(5) AR180 owner to transfer over an original upper to create a shootable Restricted rifle. This further limits your potential customer base for stripped lower receivers. You really need to source AR180 LPKs out of China, along with new, complete NR-length upper receivers to complete your Canadian-made CNC lower Receivers. Then you will sell hundreds, if not thousands depending on your price point...
    I am aware of those details. Initial launch will be as a replacement lower for the plastic 180b

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    There's no market for lowers alone, I think they know that. Whether they source or build what's needed with the lower is up to them. My guess is they make some king of lower and upper that are 180b but can take barrels, parts and furnitures from ar15. Where they are made isn't relevant. At the end you come up with a NR semi-auto 223 rifle, which will sell like hotcake if it's merely reliable or better.

I'll be very interested when you offer something that I can park my Sterling upper receiver on to give it a renewed lease on life. I'd be fine with the resultant restricted classification as I do my shooting at a range. Until then it is an interesting project, but of no use to me. Just saying, as a potential future customer.
    Mark C