Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: New project - Can you guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    Do you need a 180B lower parts kit to transfer over? An AR15 LPK won'the provide the proprietary AR180 parts required to complete a bare lower. Unless you also provide those parts, there is no way for a 12(5) AR180 owner to transfer over an original upper to create a shootable Restricted rifle. This further limits your potential customer base for stripped lower receivers. You really need to source AR180 LPKs out of China, along with new, complete NR-length upper receivers to complete your Canadian-made CNC lower Receivers. Then you will sell hundreds, if not thousands depending on your price point...
    Other than the safety, bolt catch and the trigger pins I think the rest is AR-15 compatible for the little parts. I just swapped in an ALG ACT trigger into mine and it was just like installing a trigger in an AR-15 other than having to mess around with the bolt catch.

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    There's no market for lowers alone, I think they know that. Whether they source or build what's needed with the lower is up to them. My guess is they make some king of lower and upper that are 180b but can take barrels, parts and furnitures from ar15. Where they are made isn't relevant. At the end you come up with a NR semi-auto 223 rifle, which will sell like hotcake if it's merely reliable or better.
    Why do you think that? Just because you don't have one doesn't mean there is no market. There are lots of 180B's floating around. Most guys that have them now are like me and have decided that it's never going to see the EE.
    Discontinued 10 years ago and still a very sought after rifle, they've been rising in "value" since about 2012 if the asking prices on the EE are any indication. Not sure what the dreamers actually sold them for but they pop up and are marked sold very shortly after if the price is even remotely close to reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    A child to what? Does it not need to be the same manufacturer?
    Ya, you have a point there, well I'm sure CA will take care of the details before they have a stack of these in the warehouse with no FRT.
    Last edited by cr5; 12-08-2017 at 12:54 AM.
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by cr5 View Post

Why do you think that? Just because you don't have one doesn't mean there is no market. There are lots of 180B's floating around. Most guys that have them now are like me and have decided that it's never going to see the EE.
    Discontinued 10 years ago and still a very sought after rifle, they've been rising in "value" since about 2012 if the asking prices on the EE are any indication. Not sure what the dreamers actually sold them for but they pop up and are marked sold very shortly after if the price is even remotely close to reasonable.
    I don't think we have the same de finition of "lots". There's lots of 1911, Rem700 and AR15 going around, so there's a market for parts and furnitures and mags for these guns. For a 180b, at most you'll sell one per rifle that exists today, which isn't that many. It's not "a market", it's at best a niche. As you say yourself, they're very rare and scarce on the EE, or anywhere else, and their number isn't gonna grow unless someone start making them.

I doubt the number of AR180B's in circulation in Canada is much different than the number of Swiss Arms classic green and black special rifles. In the 15ish years the SA rifles have been on the market there are only around 1500 in circulation yet there is a market for parts for them.
    I could be wrong though, I've never actually heard a number of imported 180's like I have with the SA rifles. I think there are more out there than you think, it's just that most owners don't post much since most times you do you get the guys saying they're only worth $800 because that's how much they sold for in the US 15-20 years ago. It's frustrating talking to people like that who've never even held one.
    Either way, I'm glad CA is doing this and hopefully the project expands into them building the complete rifle so the rest of the people out there can own one and see why the guys that own one now rarely sell them. It's a great rifle but hard to recommend people buy one when there are hardly any parts available and the guys on the EE are asking as much as they are.
    For an unmolested 180B-2 I would personally pay up to about $1700 if it was low round count, if it's been hacked and has an AR stock adapter I reduce value and if it has the quad rail I drop the value even more. These are fantastic the way they came and all that other crap does is add weight and ruin it in an attempt to try to make it a non restricted AR which it will never be.

If this new lower allows us to use an AR stock and grip it will be fine and I already have an A2 stock and a couple different grips waiting for it.
    If they ever build an upper for them I'd only want one if it could take AR-15 barrels, other than that the top rail and free floated forend isn't a big deal for me as I like the irons on it and like the idea of keeping it light weight over being able to hang a bunch of tacticool junk off of it. I know a new upper will incorporate a flat top rail and I can live with that but it's the ability to swap barrels at home that I'm looking forward to the most.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar
    Ottawa Citizen had a redacted database listed. Once I searched for a gun I thought was more or less common, only to find out that there was less then 30 of them in Canada. It is now a real collector piece. That online database is gone, but you can still get data: https://globalnews.ca/news/1998184/w...nload-it-here/

Who ever has time to upload it into ms access, let me know how many 180B is in it. It will be interesting to learn.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SteelCap's Avatar
    I suspect once canam have the new production rifles, the original price will get some adjustment.

We may be in luck if someone makes the small parts needed for the lower.
    This is from the bring back the 180 thread in black rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by RWA-Technical View Post
    we are just wondering if the supply of lowers are available. We are working on replacement uppers right now and would like to know if lowers are available for customers to purchase.
    I sent them a PM telling them about this project, hopefully they can come together and put out what we need to build a complete rifle

Expired Business Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by cr5 View Post
    We may be in luck if someone makes the small parts needed for the lower.
    This is from the bring back the 180 thread in black rifles.

I sent them a PM telling them about this project, hopefully they can come together and put out what we need to build a complete rifle
    We have contacted Canam about this project and are just waiting on a reply. For anyone looking for the small parts kit for the 180-b you can find them at CSC. The kit even includes our fully machined bolt catch.

Motorcycle?
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

CGN Regular
    Complete rifles, and for the right price point, I guarantee I'll buy one eventually. Totally sick - especially if you can improve on the production quality of the original AR180.

The rifle was designed from the get-go to be simple and easy to produce out of pot metal in third world countries. I believe in you, Can-Am, you can make an AR-180b complete for less money and way better quality than the original.

Please, please, please let it be a non-restricted AR180.
    Yep, it's like that.....