Quote Originally Posted by ted_dent View Post
That is truly a shame but the NoDak lowers at $500 a pop are a non starter for me. I mean for $1000 I can buy the complete WK-180C with essentially the same lower. In this day and age of CNC machines how anyone can justify $500 for a fairly simple machined block of aluminum is beyond me. I know that volumes in the states are far greater than here but I've seen Anderson Arms AR-15 lowers advertised for $30US RETAIL and other various brands of U.S. made lowers can be bought for under $50 all day long. AR-180B lowers are not significantly more difficult to machine than AR-15 lowers. Even U.S. made complete AR-15s sell here for under $700. I like a NR black rifle as much as the next guy but we're paying dearly to get them. Wolverine has proven there's a good market for a Canadian made NR black rifle at a reasonable price. Thank goodness for them. Too bad other dealers can't (or won't) follow suit.

And the RWA-IRG gun for over $2300 is, well, ah....no thanks. Guess I'm back to being extra careful with my AR180B plastic lowers.
I'm not being extra careful with my AR180B-2, if the lower breaks at least now we have options. I'd probably buy a complete WK180-c as long as the lower is compatible with my Armalite upper and then re-barrel the 180-c upper to 300 Blackout or 6.5G. If not compatible then I guess it's a NoDak lower even though the price is stupid. It should at least come complete for that price. It's a rip-off but they've got us over the barrel if you want one. I definitely wouldn't drop $500 on one unless my 180B lower was broken though, I don't understand why guys have been buying them to replace their polymer lower that is not broken. Other than the peace of mind there is no advantage to the aluminum lower. Pretty sure it adds weight to the rifle as well which is negative in my mind.