Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: New project - Can you guess?

its great to see a project like this , let me know if we can help in any way

Instead of duplicating the original 180B exactly part for part, how about a complete do-over?
    Perhaps a 180C (Canadian) or 180D (Dominion)

First of all, would that need an all-new FRT (show stopper!), or could it be done with a "child number"?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    Yes, maybe we'll put the brakes on them
    Just complete the rifle. There's not enough used out there for us guys, and they command a huge price tag. If you had the full rifle then everyone here would buy your non restricted ar

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    I would like to know how people think a one off rifle design can be made for under 1500?

Nea makes ar15s for that price. The ar15 small parts can be sourced anywhere. Where do you go for 180b parts?

I have sterling 180s. I don't think there were a lot sold anywhere that you could get them surplus for parts
    kits to make rifles out of to start with. Then you need 20 inch barrels.

Chinese factories able to crank out the uppers and small parts?
    Any surplus parts kits around?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phat Eagle View Post
    I'd get a complete AR-180B, but no interest in just a lower. Good luck though!
    Same here. I don't have 180b, but I already know few places where I can buy a new lower with improved design. However, few people I know who have 180b have no interest to pay few hundred just to replace a plastic reciever for a metal one.
    Last edited by guess_kto; 12-16-2016 at 02:19 AM.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

Quote Originally Posted by wbaad View Post
    Chinese factories able to crank out the uppers and small parts?
    Any surplus parts kits around?
    AR-180 is prohibited by name. AR-180B made into Canada only because it was somewhat different gun and none of the major parts from AR-180 would work on it. Any more silly quetions on surplus parts?

PS. There is nothing wrong to build new gun based on 180B, like "modern hunter", but it should stay away from 180 as far as possible.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

Quote Originally Posted by P0WERWAGON View Post
    I would like to know how people think a one off rifle design can be made for under 1500?

Nea makes ar15s for that price. The ar15 small parts can be sourced anywhere. Where do you go for 180b parts?
    Ar180b supposed to be much easier than ar15. 180b can also be improved plus unified in some parts with existing guns to make a totally new gun. Fun project if you ask me. Hell, I even know the guy who can do specs and drawings!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SteelCap's Avatar
    A consideration for the full rifle; the upper be affixed with a flat top instead of the wedge and spring design.