Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PRST Shooters Tripod

Quote Originally Posted by TFunfer View Post
    Looks to be a Badger Ordnance M2013.
    thats what it is, It looked so familiar. thanks!

Business Member Nordic Marksman's Avatar
    Tripods are now shipped from Norway.

First batch have arrived!

Name:  IMG_0155.jpg
Views: 1136
Size:  75.7 KB

Has anyone done a review on these? I can't find info anywhere. Even an unboxing vid would be great. I like the price tag (vs a Gitzo at twice the price) but would like more info.

Thanks!

For anyone else looking at these, I'd recommend them. I was kind of nervous as it was a brand I hadn't heard of (I had been pricing out RRS and gitzo prior to picking one of these up). I've only had it out with my spotter so far but I'm very impressed. These are very light for how sturdy they are and fit and finish are superb. I'm going to order a hog saddle to match and I'm sure it will hold up to magnum rifles just fine.

Shadowtech released a tripod that seems like a much better value. Nordic marksmen will probably import it?
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by wildphil24 View Post
    Shadowtech released a tripod that seems like a much better value. Nordic marksmen will probably import it?
    They already do import it. The Shadowtech aluminum tripods cost $229.95 CAD, which is an excellent price point for the features. I will be ordering one for my spotting scope/LRF/kestrel to pair with my PRST and HOG Saddle. http://www.nordicmarksman.com/PIG031...d-Tripod.htmlß

As for the Norwegian PRST, I can attest to everything that vultr said. My initial review is in the Practical Precision Shooting forum here: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...pod-Experience

For the same money, the PRST is much nicer and more stable than the Manfrotto CF tripod that I owned previously. It also has shooter-specific features such as the short centre column, equipment hook and interchangeable feet that the civilIan tripods do not offer. $530 may seem like a lot of money for a tripod, but as with optics you get what you pay for. If you want CF with its lighter weight and vibration-dampening properties, then you have to pay the going rate. The PRST is hands down the nicest tripod that I have ever handled and is well worth the money. In fact, I don't know how Nordic Marksman can afford to sell them priced so close to the Noregian MSRP with our crappy Canadian dollar....

If you don't want or need the more expensive CF construction offered with the PRST, then I would say that the Shadowtech Aluminum tripod is your best bet. Any direct comparison of the relative value of the PRST versus the Shadowtech tripod is moot as they are really apples and oranges due to their differing materials. The CF simply costs double that of aluminum. I view my gear as an investment, so don't mind paying for premium kit. YMMV, but I can tell you that the real top of the line tripods ( succh as Really Right Stuff) will cost you even more!
    Last edited by Bartok5; 10-07-2017 at 06:07 AM.
    Mark C

Our next batch of Pig Tripods will roll in mid January. In the meantime we have PRST tripods in stock, and of course using the promo code BOXINGWEEK17 you get 10% off plus free shipping, expired Monday Jan 1st at midnight.
    Thats a great deal on a truly amazing piece of kit.

Name:  PRST (1).jpg
Views: 526
Size:  66.8 KB

Hog Saddles are back in stock including the new Stealth Gray model.

Name:  Hog Saddle MOD7.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  112.1 KB

PRST Tripods just arrived.
    Name:  00bc81a8-a577-4a2d-aa08-dacb01bb5d53.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  128.2 KB

"East of the Rockies, and west of the rest" - Corb Lund
    Any 52mm ballheads coming soon?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast