CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: The Kraken

  1. #11
    CGN Regular Cadex Defence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    St-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec
    Posts
    607
    Check out this video of Rob Furlong at Cadex Defence demonstrates how to change caliber on the new CDX-MC Kraken.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnnFHm_tjP8
    Patrice Picard Canadian & International Senior Sales Manager
    (450) 348-6774
    patrice@cadexinc.com
    https://www.cadexdefence.com/

  2. #12
    Member magpul79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    64
    I know you're getting tons of requests for different calibers and I'm sorry to add to it, but any chance you're thinking of a 30-06 option? I inherited hunting rifles in that caliber and now reload for it.
    Thanks
    Mag

  3. #13
    CGN Regular Cadex Defence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    St-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec
    Posts
    607
    Quote Originally Posted by magpul79 View Post
    I know you're getting tons of requests for different calibers and I'm sorry to add to it, but any chance you're thinking of a 30-06 option? I inherited hunting rifles in that caliber and now reload for it.
    Thanks
    Mag
    Thanks for your interest towards the CDX-MC Kraken rifle.

    The 30-06 Sprg is not much of a long range caliber so chambering this rifle in this caliber would be like outfitting a Ferrari with re-grooved tires. This is just not the right caliber for long distance shooting and I don't think that we'd be making you a favor by offering you this caliber as you'd be maxed out by the caliber very shortly while the rifle system could provide so much more.

    A quality die set and accessories in a performance caliber should cost you under 250 $ so I strongly suggest that you simply buy new dies and a couple boxes of factory rounds to fire form them if you plan to spend that kind of money on a multi-caliber system.

    Thanks again for your question and let me know if I could be of more help.

    Best regards
    Patrice Picard Canadian & International Senior Sales Manager
    (450) 348-6774
    patrice@cadexinc.com
    https://www.cadexdefence.com/

  4. #14
    Member magpul79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    64
    Thanks for the info, I honestly didn't know 30-06 was not a great long range round.

  5. #15
    CGN Regular Cadex Defence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    St-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec
    Posts
    607
    Quote Originally Posted by magpul79 View Post
    Thanks for the info, I honestly didn't know 30-06 was not a great long range round.
    It's a great round to hunt but doesn't have what it takes to perform at long range. It's just a bit outdated for a precision rifle.
    Patrice Picard Canadian & International Senior Sales Manager
    (450) 348-6774
    patrice@cadexinc.com
    https://www.cadexdefence.com/

  6. #16
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer hometownhero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Toon Town, Sk
    Posts
    8,472
    Quote Originally Posted by magpul79 View Post
    Thanks for the info, I honestly didn't know 30-06 was not a great long range round.
    Actually it is a good round. If a 308 can do it a 30-06 can do it with a little more power behind it.
    '14 Carbon Spyder 30 Blackout
    '14 Pro Edge Elite White
    '15 Podium X Elite Silver ice

  7. #17
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Richmond, BC
    Posts
    5,638
    .303, 30-30, 30-06, 45-75 are all great rounds, but they probably wouldn't be my first choice for long range precision work.

  8. #18
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer hometownhero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Toon Town, Sk
    Posts
    8,472
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Donut View Post
    .303, 30-30, 30-06, 45-75 are all great rounds, but they probably wouldn't be my first choice for long range precision work.
    Yes but what I am getting at is a 308 pushing a 208gr amax at 2400 is a good long range round but a 30-06 pushing that same bullet 100-150fps faster is not a good long range round. I will say that the 6.5's and the 7mm are better then both of those for lr applications.
    '14 Carbon Spyder 30 Blackout
    '14 Pro Edge Elite White
    '15 Podium X Elite Silver ice

  9. #19
    CGN Regular Cadex Defence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    St-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec
    Posts
    607
    Quote Originally Posted by hometownhero View Post
    Actually it is a good round. If a 308 can do it a 30-06 can do it with a little more power behind it.
    You are right.

    I think the concept of long range just continues to grow more and more to the point that dealing long range rifles 50 hours a week makes me forget that 1000m is a hell of a shot for lots of people. You are right 30-06 would do just any good as a 308. We are just so used to talk 1500m, 2000m and now even 2 mile!!!

    Best regards
    Patrice Picard Canadian & International Senior Sales Manager
    (450) 348-6774
    patrice@cadexinc.com
    https://www.cadexdefence.com/

  10. #20
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer hometownhero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Toon Town, Sk
    Posts
    8,472
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadex Defence View Post
    You are right.

    I think the concept of long range just continues to grow more and more to the point that dealing long range rifles 50 hours a week makes me forget that 1000m is a hell of a shot for lots of people. You are right 30-06 would do just any good as a 308. We are just so used to talk 1500m, 2000m and now even 2 mile!!!

    Best regards
    I'll agree with that. the magic number people strive for seems to be 1000 to start with.
    '14 Carbon Spyder 30 Blackout
    '14 Pro Edge Elite White
    '15 Podium X Elite Silver ice

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •