CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aprilia Man's Avatar

The Kraken

Here we go!

Wow! 7 different calibers?

"Release the Kraken!"

https://www.facebook.com/snipershide...4808863677953/

CCFR MDRGC

CGN Regular
    That looks pretty cool. I wonder how much it would cost.

Interesting. Looking forward to the details on this one

I was at Cadex last week photographing their new advertising campaign, and got the run down from Patrice. It is an amazing bit of kit.

He took me step by step through the manufacturing process, fitment, finishing and testing. The level of quality control is insane, and their HAAS cnc floor was running 24/7 to keep up with production demands. The barrel changes in literally seconds with a few practice runs, and the alignment and head spacing mechanism is genius.

I'll be looking for one after Shot Show, once final pricing is released. But the thought of having a .338, .308, 260 and 300 norma, in one case, is insane. I'd happily throw a gorgeous piece of glass on one chassis and call it a day.

If Patrice permits, I'll see if I can post some photos up.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    considering the 338 loaded properly does all the rest do and more, why do you need more than 1 gun?- unless it's a loaded down version like the fed or 08 or something- i'm speaking of the winmag of course

Some ranges don't permit 338, 300wsm, 6.5, etc, but will permit 308. Others require a longer reach, or the high velocity of the 260, and some hunting surely benefits from the Norma or 338. It's not THE solution for everyone, but it does offer an incredible package that would be impractical and unaffordable to have in every caliber desired.

It's an exciting gun for sure! I'm very interested in how they solved the bolt face and head-space obstacles.

The only thing I'd love to see added is a 223rem option thrown in the mix for cheaper practice. Practice with a 223, compete with a 6.5 of your choice, and hunt with 300wsm. Otherwise, this system looks to have it all.
    It is not enough to aim; you must hit.

Calgary, AB - Home of the Southern Alberta Defence Force (SADF)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane519 View Post
    It's an exciting gun for sure! I'm very interested in how they solved the bolt face and head-space obstacles.

The only thing I'd love to see added is a 223rem option thrown in the mix for cheaper practice. Practice with a 223, compete with a 6.5 of your choice, and hunt with 300wsm. Otherwise, this system looks to have it all.

Like your line of thinking here.
    "Let the shoosting begin!!!" - Goldmember - Circa 2002

The 2017 Cadex catalog is posted on their website if you want to check out their new products

https://www.cadexdefence.com/media/

This was posted in another Cadex thread, so I thought I would add it here. Based on the larger diameter bolt body and longer forend, this is likely a Kraken. Like everything else from Cadex, it looks brilliant! Can't wait for more info from ShotShow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast