Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trigger tech warranty

trigger tech warranty

i purchased a trigger tech trigger about a year ago but it sat in the box for almost a year , was still deciding on the rifle build but knew it was gonna be a rem700 . i sent out the barrel and action to alberta tactical to have the barrel cut to 24'' then threaded for a brake and cerakoated .So i mailed them the trigger along with it so they could install it after they were done the work .
    so i finally get to shoot this rifle and when i cycle the bolt for a second shot well the trigger dont reset itself , it wont fire so i have to lift the bolt put the trigger on safety drop the bolt then place the trigger on fire then now it fires . i spoke with trigger tech they said its a faulty trigger , that they had a few of those come back like that and they had resolved the issue . he then told me on the phone he will mail me a new trigger first thing in the morning and he would send me a warranty form via email to fill and return with the faulty trigger . i received the email the next day with a warranty form but no postage paid label to mail the old trigger .
    so i call and ask for a postage paid label to be emailed to me so i can printed and placed on the box when i mail out the trigger , he said oh we normally dont do that! i said oh i paid for a faulty trigger then i paid for someone to install it now i have to spend more money to mail out a defective trigger back to you guys ? he put me on hold came back then told me they where gonna mail me a postage paid return label when they mail the new trigger . Am i wrong to ask them to pay for me to mail them the defective trigger or should i have had to pay for shipping it?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    How was this not determined to be a faulty trigger when it was installed by said gunsmith?
    Why is a two year product that may or may not have a limited warranty be their problem and by this I am assuming there is a one year warranty and it has been out of their control for over said year.
    Just talking out loud here....
    Rob
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

trigger tech told me on the phone that there is a lifetime warranty on that trigger . the way i look at it is if the trigger performed like this the very first time its been used/fired well it dont matter how long the warranty is good for bottom line its a defective product coming from them and not from me wearing it out .

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    How was this not determined to be a faulty trigger when it was installed by said gunsmith?
    Why is a two year product that may or may not have a limited warranty be their problem and by this I am assuming there is a one year warranty and it has been out of their control for over said year.
    Just talking out loud here....
    Rob
    i dont get where your getting two years here when i said it sat in the box for close to a year , a two year product?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    Remtac, I'll apologize in that I did not know they have a lifetime warranty.

I have no further opinion on the product or the customer service offered by said company.
    Rob
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

You bought something and didn't get what you paid for. It's not something I get worked up over, but I don't really like the idea of ending up out of pocket for someone else not delivering either. The odd defective item is pretty much inevitable though, and it sounds like they handled it well.

Quote Originally Posted by foolsbliss View Post
    You bought something and didn't get what you paid for. It's not something I get worked up over, but I don't really like the idea of ending up out of pocket for someone else not delivering either. The odd defective item is pretty much inevitable though, and it sounds like they handled it well.
    yes i agree with you no need to get worked up over that and yes they did the right thing at the end but what bothers me is dont expect your customers to spend money to mail back the defective trigger . They should of had a return label sent to me along with the warranty form .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    Depends on policy.

I've seen lots of products covered by warranty if you pay shipping. I've even seen warranty services with processing fees on top.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnC6 View Post
    Depends on policy.

I've seen lots of products covered by warranty if you pay shipping. I've even seen warranty services with processing fees on top.
    well if you settle for those kinds of policy's then you loose, if you have to give them aditional money for a product that you all ready paid for and find it to be defective the first time you use the product i would not by again lol
    Last edited by Remtac; 12-17-2016 at 01:25 AM.

CGN Regular
    What more could they have done to satisfy you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast