Thread: Packing

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar

Packing

I just got a 1/2 case of Wolf ammo. As usual, good deal, free shipping and quick to get the order out.

If I had one minor quibble it would be the styrofoam peanuts used for packing material. They stick to the box, the box's contents and your hands...they go everywhere and make one hell of a mess. In addition, at least here in NB, they can't be recycled and go straight into the landfill.

Any chance of switching to plastic bubble packing or that sort of "quilted" brown paper like Amazon uses? Much easier to handle and I can recycle both of those here.
    Last edited by sailor723; 12-17-2016 at 10:41 AM.
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jmichelin84's Avatar
    I would rather that also, those peanuts stick to me like nothing, image a dog in mud....... I hold static like a sweater
    Is it wrong to love the clack clack bang, but wanna run from a click tick lol

I'd be curious if there is any human being that actually approves of styrofoam peanuts.

Rob!

We actually pay extra for static free ones but if they break they get staticky again. I agree that they are sometimes a pain but most other materials don't hold up of heavy items. The chewed up cardboard sheets are nice but very expensive and they compress more than peanuts. We're always trying different packing methods.

Pretty sad if thats what you guys have to complain about. SFRC is top shelf, spent thousands of dollars there. Ryan is excellent to deal with. Peanuts are the least of our concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob! View Post
    I'd be curious if there is any human being that actually approves of styrofoam peanuts.

Rob!
    Maybe if they had salt on them they would taste better, the static does make them hard to handle, although they do tend to protect the package well.

Math time!
    You didn't specify which half case, so I'm going to assume 500 rounds of Wolf 357 Magnum 158 grain.
    1 gram = 15.43 grains
    500 rounds of 158 grain = 79,000 grains = ~5120 grams = 5.12 kilograms or 11.25 pounds.

Soooooo..... you're pumping 11.25 pounds of lead into the wild yonder, and you're worried about the environmental impact of the styrofoam peanuts?
    Nothing changes until people start dying, usually by starvation.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    but that lead came from the ground, i have yet to find a foam rich vein anywhere.

I think it's time to lock this.

Ryan