Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: We've got Chinese SKS Rifles in stock!

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiwoo View Post
    What factories are they from and are serial number matching?
    The two display ones are 366 and 0306. Mismatch to varying degree (again, display ones have at least 2 matches across the rifle).

Sincerely, K

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    I mentioned a couple weeks ago that these were coming,, the refurb and new unissued too! Some places will have one or the other or both, I think the refurbs would be cool to look through for sure and $300 for a refurb Chinese SKS is around the price everyone will be charging, new ones will be upwards from $350. Get them while you can! I will be down to look them over Monday, unless you guys are open tomorrow!!! Thanks for getting them!
    Unfortunately we won't be here tomorrow.
    But on Monday are here 9 to 5.30. Drop by anytime then, and we'll help you out!

Sincerely, K

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Those stocks don't look refurbed. What process of refurb did they go through? Is refurb simply meaning mismatched replaced parts? Is refurb the right term to use?
    The stocks feel nothing like the old (blonde) batch. If anything, they feel like Yugoslav M48/M48A stocks. Some stocks are serial matching, some are not.
    I have not found a rhyme or reason to replaced parts. No parts are restamped with new serial numbers, or scratched out. So each rifle will not have the same s/n on each component.

Sincerely, K

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Ok. Mismatched sks then. Thanks for confirming. Any with blade bayonets or all spikes?

Can you show examples of factory markings?
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Any with blade bayonets or all spikes?

Can you show examples of factory markings?
    We'll get you an answer and examples on Monday morning. We're gone for the remainder of the weekend. -C

Any all matching?
    "Take a deep breath, and find your balls..."

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crasheralex View Post
    Any all matching?
    I doubt it but I'll look into it on Monday and let you know. -C

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar
    You need to get markings and other info out to sell them at collectable price. Too much norinco junk around
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

lol I Just asked my wife if she wanted a Chinese SKS for Christmas. Nope, but I tried

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightpossum View Post
    So it is just the trigger guards that were stamped... that is what I was thinking at the time of post, and the earlier Chinese /26\ had milled trigger guard. Would this be correct? and pinned barrels opposed to threaded?
    Factory 26 never pinned barrels, they threaded them. Only 3 or 4 factoris trialed stamping receivers. Some even tried cast metal for receivers. Bit the vast majority aka 99.9% of sks are milled receiver.

China did stamped other parts such as the trigger group though. There are wide variations in sks production out of China. It would be best to go over to sks files dot com to get a full appreciation.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast